Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Autocar A64B & Haulaway Trailer

I wanted to build a ratty hot rod shop truck, or a semi tractor. I had an incomplete Stevens International reissueAMT Autocar A64B so I decided to do both. Power is a Detroit V12, a combination of AMT and GW Trucks parts. Wheels are from the infamous Peterbilt 352 Turnpiker with Revell tires. Fronts are the float tires from a Revell Bill Signs Peterbilt, and the rears are from a 1:16 scale Revell Jeep CJ. Oddly enough, the Jeep tires are the same as the 1:25 Peterbilt tires except that they're slightly taller. The rear single air suspension was made from various spare parts and air bags made from plastic tubing. 

The AMT Haulaway Trailer is mostly box stock apart from wheels and tires to match the tractor. Junkers are (top row front to back)... 1976 International Scout II, 1953 Ford F100, and a 1970 Ford Custom. Lower deck front to rear consists of a 1975 AMC Matador and a 1962 Chevrolet Impala.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

On 6/13/2022 at 7:25 AM, Pierre Rivard said:

I thought the first picture was a 1/1 reference!

Through the roof authentic, all of it!

Inspirational

I thought the same thing. Great work. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had not seen a autocar on the road in years and seen a grain hauler (old farmer) come through the plant with one last year was coolest thing I had seen in a long time it was pretty used you could say, welded up diamond plate front fenders, heavy daytons, and plenty of rust. I must say I really like your build