Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Chevrolet El Camino 4x4 Plow

This was one of those "plugged away at it for a time, then it sat untouched for months, then the last 5% or so was finished in an afternoon" kind of projects. The cab is an AMT '59 El Camino body cut off just behind the doors. The bed is a 1950 Chevrolet 3100 piece with the fenders from an AMT '40 Willys pickup. The chassis is from a Moebius 1970 F100 with wheels and tires from a Revell Baja Bronco, and the Revell GMC snow plow hangs off the front. Engine is a Buick Nailhead and just because all of this wasn't quite absurd enough, it has twin turbochargers courtesy of Iceman Collections. The rear pintle hitch came from Scenes Unlimited. Smatterings of parts box refugees and a few scratch built parts fill in the blanks.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

That is the ugliest pile of stuff I have seen lately.  But then it has to be ugly to work the way it does.  Excellent craftsmanship and ingenuity. Very well executed build. I especially like the "Honk" sticker on the tailgate.

Edited by TarheelRick

Truely creative looking. So many different design elements and somehow, they just seem to belong together. A lot of fine details to look at and it takes a little while to notice everything that has been done. Very realistic looking finishes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chuck, I  just saw this today.  It looks so real in your photos and not absurd at all. It really looks like something someone might have pieced together back in the day  using what they had available. The detailing is great.

I build mostly factory stock but would be proud to have this model on my shelf.