Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bob Harrop Flying Carpet 1965 Dodge Coronet AWB - decal identification

Dear community,

for my project to build Bob HARROP'S FLYING CARPET '65 Dodge Coronet AWB scale 1/25 and 1/18 I need informations about a decal / sticker / logo (marked with a red circle at the pic) in round shape on the left and right side at the front fender of his injected car.

spacer.png

Who can help / support me or know which sticker or which sponsor this could be?
All other decals I have indentified but I have no idea about this decal at the front fender.

I hope you know and thank you very much for your support.
Best regards, jabba.

@Oldcarfan27
MANY THANKS for your support and the pics.

Yes, the logo is not as well known as PENNZOIL or STP or ... 😉.

After a few hours of online searching, I found this sticker as well:
spacer.png

The Indian head was the key to identifying it. And only then did I recognize the name of the oil brand.

I think with these templates I will now be able to create a nice decal for my project.

Many thanks to you...

Mmmm...

On closer inspection I noticed another sticker which I can't identify. That will definitely be more difficult.
spacer.png

I know you can't see (almost) anything in the picture. Maybe someone has a better picture of this sticker on the side window and/or an idea what it could be.

And then we could start looking again ... 🤔

16 hours ago, jabba said:

Mmmm...

On closer inspection I noticed another sticker which I can't identify. That will definitely be more difficult.
spacer.png

I know you can't see (almost) anything in the picture. Maybe someone has a better picture of this sticker on the side window and/or an idea what it could be.

And then we could start looking again ... 🤔

You could just leave that decal off the car as it doesn't appear in most of the pictures I've found of the car. Decals apparently changed from race to race.

@Mike
Yes I agree with you. Some sponsor decals were often only visible on the cars for a few runs.
However, I like the racing cars with the look like they were driven in real use, the more stickers the nicer for me... 😉.
I've set myself this week as a time limit. If I had not found any further information by Sunday, I would not have paid any further attention to this sticker.

... But... I think I was on the right track and I may have found the right one. More on that later....

@Ron
Many thanks for your suggestion.
At the beginning of my search I also thought of these HURST shifter stickers. Since these were also often seen on these rear side windows or on the C-pillars.
HARROP'S FLYING CARPET was an automatic transmission car. The individual driving levels were actuated by a lever on the steering column like the standard cars from the catalogue.
In this respect they had no special shift levers from HURST or other suppliers. Mostly only the stickers were used, which parts were also only used.

Mmmhhh... I might have identified the appropriate sticker. Of course I could still be wrong.
I think there is a high probability that it could be this one:
spacer.png

I found some pictures in old drag racing magazines, please take a look for yourself:
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Brande X BX10 decal on DAVE STRICKLER's car is also attached close to where (near the tire) the remedy is supposed to work... 😉.
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by jabba

I also found sales offers from this period in other magazines for the Brande X BX10.
It was probably a kind of glue for the tires to increase traction and was also used more often. Especially in the days before wrinkle wall slicks was used by many drag racers.
spacer.png

spacer.png

Finally, read about it here: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/traction-additive-in-a-can.1060807/

• Thanks 1