Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford Coupe

Zippi

3 minutes ago, bluestringer said:

Good to see you back on it. I know you will get it done and it will look great. I just bought some new BMF, I hope it's better than what I last had. 

Thanks James.  I need to get this one behind me so I can get on the 37 Ford pickup.  I hope that new bmf works out.  Let us know.

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

Sorry to hear about your problem Bob. I have been there more times than I care to mention.

Thanks Ray.  I hear ya.  I just hate redoing paint issues.

1 hour ago, bluestringer said:

Good to see you back on it. I know you will get it done and it will look great. I just bought some new BMF, I hope it's better than what I last had. 

Thanks James.  Yeah, i'll get it done, just hate having issues on a good paint job.  Let us know how the new bmf works out.

I got the hood stripped and back in Tamiya white surface primer.  Did a little mockup of what I have so far.  Still need to paint the paper element on the air cleaners and a little more detail in the engine bay.  Comments are welcome fellows.  

20220701_140119.jpg

20220701_094657.jpg

20220701_094704.jpg

20220701_123451.jpg

20220701_123513.jpg

Ouch!

Started reading on this page and I got the feeling something hadn’t gone right. That Sucks!

Have you thought about masking off the chrome trim, spraying gloss black, and then Alclad II Chrome? Admittedly I haven’t tried that myself yet but I will on my Hemi ‘Cuda.

Cheers,    
Wolf

53 minutes ago, bluestringer said:

Looking good Bob. That paint looks great. I'm going to give the Tamiya stuff a try. Can't get it anywhere near me, so I ordered a couple bottles. 

Thanks James.  Yeah, I really like the Tamiya acrylic paint.  Hope you like it.

53 minutes ago, Wolf said:

Ouch!

Started reading on this page and I got the feeling something hadn’t gone right. That Sucks!

Have you thought about masking off the chrome trim, spraying gloss black, and then Alclad II Chrome? Admittedly I haven’t tried that myself yet but I will on my Hemi ‘Cuda.

Cheers,    
Wolf

Thanks Wolf.  I have not tried that.  Keep us posted on your results.

Just finished airbrushing the Tamiya Clear Orange on the hood.  Trying to match a custom color is quite the task, for me anyway.  I still need to polish it but I think it came out pretty good.  I'm a happy camer.

20220706_085149.jpg

20220706_085212.jpg

20220706_085241.jpg

20220706_085259.jpg

20220706_085335.jpg