Model Cars Magazine Forum

Speed Racer Mach 5 resin model 1/24 scale

NMH Customs

This car was made from the RARE Club M The Mach, the body and chassis was customized and custom painted to exactly match the way it was drawn in the cartoon. The doors were recarved - The 'M' logo and (5)s were custom painted. The dashboard [painted in the colors it was drawn] and seats were from the Streamline Pictures Mach 5 I built and destroyed to improve THIS car. The chassis was completely flat. All the pipes and mufflers were custom made and painted the colors they were on the show. The tail fins were custom made as was the license plate [a still from the cartoon]. The light covers painted with clear yellow and the scoop was redesigned from the original shape it was made in and glued in place. The mirror, tire rims, steering wheel, and stick-shift were painted with MIRROR paint. This paint is just like vac-formed chrome parts in a professional model kit, a real reflective mirror/chrome finish. Hope someone likes it. Thanks for looking.

IMG_20220529_130112-01.jpeg

IMG_20220529_130104-01.jpeg

IMG_20220529_130144-01.jpeg

IMG_20220529_130303-01.jpeg

Screenshot from 2022-06-18 11-18-47.png

Screenshot from 2022-06-18 11-24-36.png

newmach5under1.jpeg

Screenshot from 2022-06-18 11-36-47.png

• Like 2

My favorite cartoon when this came out as EVERYBODY was talking about Speed Racer when it first aired here in the fall of '68. Even the girls were into Speed Racer!

I scratch built one of these a loooooong time ago and having the model like yours would have made things so much easier!

Yours looks great and looks so much like the TV car. Not long ago I watched a video where someone built and was driving a 1:1 Mach 5. Now THAT was cool! 😎