Model Cars Magazine Forum

Other Grilles for chevy vans, UHAUL body?

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody does offer different grills and bumpers for the AMT vans, I'd definitely be ordering several.  I ordered an A-Team van just to have the 80s GMC grill and bumpers.  Also a raised roof is on my list as well, for sure.  I have been looking at the old AMT Open Road Chevy motor home kits, but that's getting a little too pricey for me just for parts.  A lot can be done with these vans with just a few "update" parts.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hondamatic said:

@Wylde look above, and maybe universal tall tops too 🤔🤔🤔

Screenshot_20220627-192220_Google.jpg

Making the "High Top" for these vans could be done. I have both a Ford and a Chevy, but no Dodge kit yet. To make a top that is universal to all 3 kits could be done, however it would require that it be made oversized and the buyer would have to trim it to fit. This might put off some people as this would not be an easy task. However for me, it would make the job a lot easier as I could design 3 or 4 different styles that would fit all 3 vans. 

Keep in mind though, anybody willing to print a part this large is going to ask a fair price for it. This would be a big print and the price will reflect that. 

Reach out to Texas 3D Customs for a quote, you may decide it is not worth it. 

In this case I think it would be most cost effective if there is a resin caster that is willing to take a 3D print and cast a bunch. This would bring the cost down a lot. That way the cost of the print is divided across many parts dropping the total cost. 

Any resin caster interested?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Mike C. said:

This one is with several kits that are now in the stratosphere. This would be welcome in resin.

pic-6.jpg

I'd like a shorty chevy with no flares, maybe a conversion for the amt would be nice too 

I think this one was last made in the USA so here's hoping Atlantis has it and puts it out soon 

Here's one of mines built with that kit

20220809_222927.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...