Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for kits with 4 lug wheels

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

The old Revell "Monroe Handlar" Mustang II kit had them.  Might be hard to find though 

Also there's Aoshima "Mark 1" 14 inch.

[Close] Mark I (4H) 14 Inch (Accessory) Contents1

I have the Monroe Handler kit, the wheels are five lug unfortunately. I also might be getting those Aoshima wheels if the kit they're in ever gets here. I'll see how they look when they get here.

11 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

I have the Monroe Handler kit, the wheels are five lug unfortunately. I also might be getting those Aoshima wheels if the kit they're in ever gets here. I'll see how they look when they get here.

You can buy those wheels separate from a kit. They have several styles of 4 bolt wheels, you might want to try googling "Aoshima wheels" to see if any of their other styles look good to you.

21 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

BTW, that's really odd that yours had 5 lug. The kit definitely has 4 lug wheels. At least all the ones I've seen including the reissues had them. Maybe someone swapped out the original wheels in your kit?

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

BTW, that's really odd that yours had 5 lug. The kit definitely has 4 lug wheels. At least all the ones I've seen including the reissues had them. Maybe someone swapped out the original wheels in your kit?

You're right, they're 4 lug. I got my wires crossed somewhere. But they're too small. I'm building a Monogram 1/24 kit so those wheels are like 13". 

The Aoshima kit I got just happened to have the wheels you posted, I looked through ever set I could find but they didn't have anything American enough looking other than those.