Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brockway 457 Garbage Truck

• 2 weeks later...

One step forward and 2 back.  I got the cab pivot mount squared away only to find the front axle is about 1/8" to far back, wheels just don't look right.  Sooo, off we go to move the front axle forward.  then I need  to set the front track width, get the rear cab support figured out and get the engine test fit.  Looks like more hot and humid here so I think I'll spend a good part of the day on this, haven't had much time lately....

2 hours ago, David G. said:

What a cool build!

I like the work you've done so far, I hope you can get the axle business sorted without too much trouble.

David G.

It's taken care of, wasn't horrible.  If I had looked at the Brock cab and looked at the Freightliner cab I got the frame from, it would have been obvious I was going to have to shift it forward. 

3 hours ago, Warren D said:

It's taken care of, wasn't horrible.  If I had looked at the Brock cab and looked at the Freightliner cab I got the frame from, it would have been obvious I was going to have to shift it forward. 

Glad it was a pretty simple fix. I should have seen this myself using the R-Model chassis, but for me hind sight is 20/20. I ended up having to shorten the springs and move the axle forward. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After not having any motivation for anything model related for the last couple of months, I'm back at it.  Cab is almost done, just the mirrors and dog to go, will wait until the packer body is on the chassis for that.  Packer body is getting close, after the PVA glue for the lights sets, it's getting the rear section onto the front, a couple of lift pistons and it will be ready for the chassis.

P1030593.jpg

2 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Good to see your Brockway back on the bench ! I've wanted to build another, but since the passing of Dave, unsure what the future holds.

Looking forward to the packer install 

I know how you feel, I'm looking for a 360, want to do a proper DD V12, I think they were 360U.  I still have a 361, 758 and 760 in the stash but will be very selective with what I use them for.