Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette 2014 to 2019 (Seventh Generation)

RDean58

2014, 2015, 2016

Revell gave us a snap together 2014 kit, then followed up with a Foose 2015. Finally, a full detail 2016.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

2017, 2018, 2019

I could not find any kits or promos for these years, but if you can find one of the Revell 2014 or 2016 kits you could probably recreate these years. 

2020 (Eighth Generation)

Only one available is a 1/24 diecast.

• Like 1

I kit bashed the 1/25 scale 2016 Revell Stingray with the C7.R kit (for the widebody fenders) and bits from the 1/24scale Maisto C7 Z06, used wheels from Plazmos to create a 2019 C7 Grand Sport Heritage.

IMG_2174.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Raoul Ross said:

And how long before we see a C8R?

My bet is we get the C8R since it races both in the US with IMSA and in Europe with the WEC. Both groups will consolidate these cars into a GT3 class in the near future so it would have a broad appeal to both markets.

Edited by Len Woodruff
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2022 at 8:57 PM, AJM said:

I kit bashed the 1/25 scale 2016 Revell Stingray with the C7.R kit (for the widebody fenders) and bits from the 1/24scale Maisto C7 Z06, used wheels from Plazmos to create a 2019 C7 Grand Sport Heritage.

IMG_2175.jpg

That looks so bitchin'! 

Jon -- Thx, it took a very long time to build. It's just too bad that none of the kit manufacturers made it easier for us. Really frustrating that we didn't get a C7 GS, Z06 or ZR1. I'm hoping that we get a C8R and mabe be a C8 Z06 !!!

On 6/29/2022 at 9:40 PM, Len Woodruff said:

My bet is we get the C8R since it races both in the US with IMSA and in Europe with the WEC. Both groups will consolidate these cars into a GT3 class in the near future so it would have a broad appeal to both markets.

The new car (known as the GT3.R) won't hit the market (GT3 are Customer Racing - some have more factory support than others, but none are Works cars) until the 2024 season, so it'll be awhile before that sees plastic form - if ever.

• Like 1