Model Cars Magazine Forum

Computer question (imagine that)

Monty

Checking emails, like usual, and trying to weed out all the spam etc.  Even with deceptive titles (Fedex package can't be delivered!) I can sniff most of 'em out by hovering over the sender name to see if it's legit.    

What does it mean if you do that and nothing comes up?  

If hovering over other email addresses still works, then it is likely something in the way the email header is formatted.  That is where the email reader gets the info you see hovering over the email address. I'm sure they doing this to prevent people like you from screening spams.

Some email  readers allow you to view the email in "raw format", but unless you know what you are looking for, the raw email looks like gibberish, so my recommendation is to just hit "delete".

i created a fedex and ups account. i can see any packages being sent to my house without needing tracking numbers. just login and hit shipping information]

i typically get emailed prior to the seller that a package is coming. i just delete all emails about fedex and ups and use that

Yup. Those are spams. I get them all the time. Even from Norton and McAffee sending me warnings my subscription has expired and your computer may be at risk, blah, blah, blah.... Baloney! I know when my subscription expires and I had just renewed it back in April of this year.