Model Cars Magazine Forum

E0EAD7BE-1A03-4CCE-A0B0-6378F3F28918.jpeg.fcf33631e45bcf048697e00015525722.jpeg
Just to update…

Worked out the details!

I have rec’d a limited inventory of parts from Wylde. I attended the September Showdown in PA and debuted parts. Very well rec’d by the crowd. Feel free to check Wylde’s list and contact me if you are in the US. Small flat rate box went up to $10.45 but it is still half of what Canadian rates are. My stock gets replaced regularly. Special orders go thru Wylde and are shipped to me along with our regular business. If I don’t have something, I can request it, but it will be shipped with the next bulk order.

US branch is open for business! Contact me direct: gbojaciuk@comcast.net

Edited by George Bojaciuk
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Any updates on the 83-87 GM pickup grilles as mentioned earlier?

It's is on my list...let me see what I have in kits that fit that body style and maybe I can bump up the modeling of that. I do this on a part time basis so it takes a while to develop stuff. Is this what you are looking for?G328

52 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Any updates on the 83-87 GM pickup grilles as mentioned earlier?

So I have 1 1984 GMC truck I can use for fitting. It's AMT 1/25 scale. Post a picture of what grille you would want and I think I can create something fairly quick as it was a pretty flat and simple design. I plan on making a trip to my local wreckers and last time I was there there was a lot of these trucks I can take measurements to get something as accurate as possible.

I would want to make the grille including the headlights so let me know if you want double stacked or single headlight.

18 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

87 grille (Medium).jpeg

This would be nice to have.

ok, easy enough to make...so 1987, you might get your wish a lot sooner. Stay tuned, I will bump this up the line.

Edited by Wylde

8 hours ago, Wylde said:

I do this on a part time basis so it takes a while to develop stuff.

Having some of your most excellent products!   ...alotted time necessary to complete these many desirable items!  TAKE the time you need! You have a gift! ...and I can patiently wait! Carry on good Sir!!

Khils

the grille is complete and fits perfect. I used an old AMT 1984 GMC body to test fit but seeing that the MPC Deserter is also Round2, I would be it fits the new Deserted kit since they likely used the exact s309455673_635857958135349_4111016650773772630_n.jpg.47bcba96b10291c92e9076ad89c4c4df.jpgame tooling.

Edited by Wylde
  • Like 1

I will be shipping 5 kits to George next Tuesday for him to sell for me. He can offer a much better shipping rate within the USA than I can thus saving you guys money. It will sell for $15 and you will get a grille, clear headlights and clear signal lights.

• Like 1

Since the sizing is already figured out, I'd like to throw out yet another single headlight grill option which looks to be from 1988 through 1991. I'll be selfish and say it is for a '88 Chevy Suburban 2500 project I'm noodling around, but this would round out the rest of the "square body" versions you know have available. I'll be buying a few if they become available.

89_R2500_Grill.jpg

28 minutes ago, Fabrux said:

Won't work on the Deserter or upcoming Sod Buster. The Mule Skinner kit has that grille.

Yes, different hood and front fenders.

Also note that the MPC kit has the round headlights, which makes that area of the grille surround completely different.

Notice that the round headlight surrounds are flush with the hood and fenders and don't protrude to be level with the grille like the square headlight grille does.

1980 Chevrolet C10 for Sale on ClassicCars.com