Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mags

ewetwo

No I don't. They were in a box of parts I got. The GTO Super stocker parts were in there along with parts to a 1976 mustang chrome sprue. Kit number 7613 which shows up as a 1976 Mustang II. One image showed on the side of the box stock and mag wheels. I couldn't save the image.

Edited by ewetwo

11 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Possibly from this kit.

But I want to know how they fit 5 lug Cragars in a car that only came with 4 lugs?

5 lug rotors are super easy to get for those and a swapped out and 5 lug axles are easy to get for any Ford rear end.

"But I want to know how they fit 5 lug Cragars in a car that only came with 4 lugs?"

Patrick this kit like others of the area where cut in the molds from a Pattern/model. They just grabbed the Pattern from the shelf and if it fit the bill and cut it in the mold. Sometimes they would us a tracer or even an engraving machine ( A pantograph ).  Yes I am with you, it should have been a 4 lug wheel. MPC had 4 lug slots in a Pinto kit at one point just not sure when it came out. 

Edited by 1930fordpickup
Added text

The drag version wouldn't use a stock rear axle.  The new one would be five-lug.  Front brake rotors or hubs can usually be redrilled to a five-lug pattern and the wheel studs pressed in.  On occasion a rotor from another car is a direct swap.

Believe it or not, Walmart, of all places has 5 bolt rotors for the Mustang II. $75.99 each.

Mustang II Disc Brake Rotor, 5 on 4-1/2 Inch 2 PK

Product details

Vented stock 9-1/4" diameter brake rotors for 1974-1980 Mustang II, Pinto, or Bobcat spindles (or Speedway brake kits using '49-'54 Chevy spindles). These five lug conversion brake rotors are new, not plugged or re-drilled. Has a 5 on 4-1/2" bolt pattern with corresponding 1/2" diameter fine thread wheel studs.Outside Diameter of rotor disc - 9.256" Thickness of vented disc - .884" I.D. of back side of rotor - 6.256" Rear rotor face to bearing hub - .290" Outer hub diameter where wheel will mount - 5.834" Outer hub height - 1.450" Bearing snout is 1.60" tall, 2.55" diameter at bottom and 2.384" at outerend.Be sure to install new bearings and seals (910-31000) with your new disc brake rotors.

3 hours ago, Mark said:

Those weren't available back in '76, the demand increased along with the popularity of Mustang II front suspension swaps.

Yes Mark, I do realize that.

I also realize that back in '76 the kit was just a toy meant for kids and I doubt anyone at MPC really cared if the wheels were realistic or not.

Edited by Can-Con