Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge pickup hoods and grills, etc

Modlbldr

Looking for a hood and grill that will fit the Tuff Monstertruck kit. Preferably a stock hood.

Also looking for a hood, grill and tailgate for the Pumping Iron Dodge. Need a hood and bed (or stepside tailgate, bumper and taillights) for the Warlock Dodge.

These don't need to be for those specific kits but I'd like to ensure they fit correctly. 

Also looking for stock suspensions for these- either 2WD or 4WD. Please let me know what you may have. I have lots of parts to trade.

Later-

20220623_143435.jpg

20220623_143509.jpg

20220623_144032.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

• Modlbldr changed the title to Dodge pickup hoods and grills, etc

The Pumpin' Iron truck is a '79.  Note the difference in the cowl detail between it and the other one, which is the more common one.  Hoods seem to interchange between the two styles, but the Pumpin' Iron is correct for '79 and newer.  If you get a later hood and grille, use them with that cab.

Thanks Guys for the info.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

The Pumpin' Iron truck is a '79.  Note the difference in the cowl detail between it and the other one, which is the more common one.  Hoods seem to interchange between the two styles, but the Pumpin' Iron is correct for '79 and newer.  If you get a later hood and grille, use them with that cab.

Yeah, the Pumping Iron is a 79 and the Warlock is a 77. 

Thanks for the info. I could use the more readily available 78 for the Warlock and the Tuff Monster truck, if I want to do a 2WD. Right now I just want to get a small stash of parts and see what will work. I was hoping someone had some old, unloved P. I. or Warlock parts laying around.

Later-

Chassis parts for those trucks were tough to find prior to the '78 reissue.  I bought a couple of Express Trucks to get parts before the '78 reappeared.  That didn't take care of wide box taillight lenses or bezels though, it seems most of those trucks were gluebombed back in the day.