Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi BMW M635CSi (the 4th car I've built using Lego mini figures in a stop motion video)

Raul

Hi all!

I am happy to share that I finally built my personal favorite car, the BMW M635CSi from Fujimi.

This is the 4th scale model car that I've ever built, after BMW e30 (NuNu models), Lexus LFA (Tamiya) and McLaren Senna (Tamiya).

I've also made it in a fun way, using Lego mini figures, and filming picture by picture to achieve a stop motion movie.

The build quality is not the best, I had lots of troubles with this kit. I think I need to stick to Tamiya more, and also MFH maybe one day :) .

Have fun watching and let me know what you think about this kind of approach. I want to do more and more because its so fun!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ea0863 said:

You Sir, are a fine model builder, a fine comedian, and a wonderful cinematographer - all rolled into one! :) 

Thanks so much for such kind words, you make me blush! :)

5 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Your figures are very talented. I can't even get mine to stay put on the Millennium Falcon. 😅

It took years to educate and train them haha.

I am using the sticky putty which is used to stick parts to paint them to make them stay sticked to the board.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 9:29 AM, beeRS said:

Love it!  Not just a great model, but I bet as much work went into making the video. I’m a fan. 

Thanks a lot everyone for the kind comments!

To film the video it took roughly 10 hours I would say. Maybe a bit more.

It is quite precise and work of patience, cause I move the stuff 1 mm and take a picture each time :).