Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 69 Boss 302 Mustang

cobraman

Well , that’s what it started out to be . I guess it still could be but without decals . They were no good . I didn’t think to coat them and you know what happened . So , it will be a plain Jane Boss of sorts . Color is Tamiya TS-50 Mica Blue . Clear is Duplicolor 1k clear . White interior .

70EEBB9E-35C1-4F0E-8AC9-A28B93FA10D6.jpeg

BAEEC3D3-6CDC-4308-97E6-E90C1BDB31F3.jpeg

BDB94FFD-4C0D-4B46-B23A-C207EB428163.jpeg

11C0F677-F60C-47DA-83D5-C7E6589A5931.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks guys !  To be honest I did not notice the valve covers . I think there is another set in the kit . I will check when I get home . Not one to be too much of a stickler on details but I will change them .  Thanks for the heads up ! 

46 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Thanks guys !  To be honest I did not notice the valve covers . I think there is another set in the kit . I will check when I get home . Not one to be too much of a stickler on details but I will change them .  Thanks for the heads up ! 

I wouldn't have noticed them myself but I remember them being in there from the Mach 1 kit. There's a few parts still in there from that issue.

Looks good Ray.  I thought Ford missed the mark on the blue with black stripes combo.  While the color is beautiful, it was a pretty odd choice by Ford given that they only came in four colors in 1969 with the others being yellow, orange and white all with the black stripes.  I have heard the kits decals are very tricky to work with and they would probably be barely visible anyway.  The white interior really sets off the exterior color.

BA80D6AE-DC1A-467B-8A04-DD0E07725D76.jpeg