Model Cars Magazine Forum

1933 Ford Coupe

ModelcarJR

I've built the ZZ Top version of this coupe before. I opened the suicide doors and added wiring on the engine (See below). This time I will build it differently. This kit does not have the same ZZ Top equipment and decals. My first step was to remove the red paint from the hood pieces that I was going to use on the ZZ Top version, and glue in the trunk. Unfortunately, the method used in the kit instructions does not work well. The trunk lid doesn't really sit in the opening right. So I used some Evergreen plastic strips to install the trunk lid correctly. Then, after some primer, I painted the fenders Dupli-Color Black and the body my new favorite color, Dupli-color Dark Toreador metallic.  Thanks for looking! 😎

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

• Like 2

Thanks, Bob and Vintage!  I appreciate your comments!  Yes, Two coats of paint and 1 coat of Tamiya TS-13 Clear.  I normally would do two coats of clear but sometimes I don't want to push my luck.  I don't think it will take a lot of rubbing out so hopefully I can do it without rubbing out any edges with just 1 coat.  Thanks for looking! 😎

Thanks, All!  I appreciate your comments! 

The black paint on the fender unit had more orange peel than I would like but it rubbed out pretty easily.  I've done a mock-up of the body and fender unit and the hood sides were too wide or not at the right angle for the fenders and body so I had to break the glue joints and hopefully will be able to better align them as I complete the build. I'm working on rubbing out the body now. Thanks for looking! 😎

DSC00809.JPG

DSC00810.JPG

DSC00812.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks, Mike and Carl! I appreciate your comments! 

The engine and chassis are done and the body and fender unit are glued down. I used wheels and tires from the parts box that were originally were in the Revell 32 Ford Sedan kit. Interior is next but here's a mock-up for now.  Thanks for looking! 😎

enhance

• Like 2

Thanks, Bob and Dan!  Dan, I'll look forward to seeing you at HAMS.

Its almost done.  Finished the interior.  Nothing fancy - Satin Almond paint, some foil, chrome pen and black paint and its done. I didn't bother trying to align the steering column with the tire rod, I just cut the steering column down some and glued it to the floor. It might be a little too tall but I'll have to live with it. I glued the top down and have fitted the grill and sides of the hood as one assembly and the top of the hood separate. So now I can display it one of three ways.  Here are the pics. Thanks for looking! 😎

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance