Model Cars Magazine Forum

Holloway House. Quick Shine Multi Surface Finish.

Has anyone used Holloway House Brand.  Quick Shine Multi Surface Finish product, the one in the green labelled plastic bottle?

I read somewhere that it is an effective substitute for Johnson's Klear. If any of you guys out there has one lurking in a kitchen or utility room cupboard can you try it out and post your findings on here. I can get it in the UK but as it is very expensive at about £15 per bottle so would like to know a bit more about it.

Looking at the Flory Models website the guy doing the You Tube video says that there is a new clear Johnson's product similar to Klear, but it is only available in the US and Canada. 

Funny that you mentioned that stuff.  Few years back, it was heavily advertised on the TV stations I watch.  At that time the thought that this stuff seems similar to Future did cross my mind.  Since I don't use Future much (and still have some), I totally forgot about it.  So the Quick Shine stuff is still around?  I think it would be worth a try.

I am on the last knockings of a bottle of Klear that I bought when it was available some years back in the UK. The fact that it became discontinued at the time bypassed me or I would have laid a bit of stock in!.

There must be a number of floor finishing products that are similar to Klear/Future/Revive It on the market. My guess is that when Klear was discovered as a cheap good modelling product, everyone and their dog latched on to it and did not look at anything else.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

15 minutes ago, Bugatti Fan said:

I am on the last knockings of a bottle of Klear that I bought when it was available screw years back in the UK. The fact that it became discontinued at the time bypassed me or I would have laid a bit of stock in!.

There must be a number of floor finishing products that are similar to Klear/Future/Revive It on the market. My guess is that when Klear was discovered as a cheap good modelling product, everyone and their dog latched on to it and did not look at anything else.

if its any help the future shine stuff is now sold as pledge with future shine on this side of the pond. Not seen it in any supermarkets except tesco  but i have mostly  seen it in smaller shops

Edited my last post.     Screw years back should read some years back.

My tablet changes words frequently and I don't always spot it.I

Les, thanks for the feed back, I will have to look around a bit and see if I come across some Pledge with Super Shine.

Forgot to mention in my opening post that the Holloway House Quick Shine Multi Surface Finish is sold by Lakeland in the UK.  Look for the one in the green labelled carton.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

1 hour ago, Bugatti Fan said:

My tablet changes words frequently and I don't always spot it.I

Ah, the famous auto-correct feature which "thinks" it knows better than you what you are typing.  Some of those "corrections" can be quite comical.

• 3 weeks later...

You're right about the auto correct Pete. It's a bit annoying at times but quite amusing when it changes what you have typed into some random word that is totally irrelevant.

Back to the Holloway House product. Has anybody used it like the old Klear and can comment?