Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RJWood

Barrett-Jackson Auction

Well Joe it goes to prove we're all different because I really enjoy the B-J auctions. I do agree however, that they get to be a bit much. It was much more effective when it was on once in January and that was it. Now they have 3 or 4 live auctions and then repackage to whole shebang to show over and over again. That's when it gets boring. The live stuff from Scottsdale is fun though. Especially last night waiting to see if the whole thing was going to blow away.

To each his own I guess.

I'll be glad when it's off Speed, I'm sick if this nonsense every couple weeks!

I thoroughly enjoy it, its a virtual car show in my living room in the dead of winter! Where else will you see an original '57 Savoy with 29 miles? I enjoy the running commentary as well, just when I think I know everything about a particular model, I learn something new. Sure, the auction has hysterically driven up prices by catering to wealthy 'wanna-be-seen" types but who cares...its just a car show to me.

The next time Im buying a project car.....but me and Murphy's law....I'll probably end up with a rare barn find and still get screwed out of a HotRod or Street Machine

But I don't even know you... B)

Edited by Murphy's Law