Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

The BFGs look right. They fit well with the rest of the truck.

The T14s could be cool, but I think you'd need to give the truck a lift before they looked right.

:)

Thank You. It already has a lift on it, but I would need more lift to get those other tires to look right on the truck. I don’t like S10’s like that lifted more that 3” anyway. 3” is about how much I’m lifting the truck anyway.

I have the rear suspension lift done and I have been slowly working on the front suspension. Now after I get the engine painted and in, I’ll be able to get the front end glued in, after it’s painted as well. Then after all of that, I’ll be able to work on the lower control arms, to work with the lift as well. Then I’ll have to figure out how to do all the shocks on this rig. So far, it’s been a fun build.

F0A7C203-D168-49C5-919D-80D69B953BEC.jpeg

CAC6228B-CD45-4BBA-A90E-D49CE2810F91.jpeg

Here’s some pictures of my project so far. It’s hard to get the lighting just right in order to see the metallic in the metallic black I used for the base coat and then the Tamiya Clear Red on top of that. Once I’m happy with the sine of the clear, I’ll finish up all the detail painting on the truck and get the bed glued together.

CB193C3E-AE70-46A8-8D9A-688A04249412.jpeg

43805452-91A9-4847-9B9A-FB6D00BA226E.jpeg

0FB856E9-F0CD-4057-95F4-66383EB81832.jpeg

683A3992-6A56-4EBF-9079-7A37262B42BB.jpeg

Edited by Saltie Olds

16 minutes ago, espo said:

I like how this color looks. The finish looks wet. Never thought that a metallic black base coat would show so well under the candy red. 

Thank You. I used Dupli Color Universal Black Metallic and Tamiya TS-74 Clear Red. I took those pictures right after I did the clear, and it still looks wet.

23 hours ago, Saltie Olds said:

Thank You. I used Dupli Color Universal Black Metallic and Tamiya TS-74 Clear Red. I took those pictures right after I did the clear, and it still looks wet.

Thanks, I'm going to get a can of the Black Metallic and experiment a little. 

On 7/7/2022 at 7:17 PM, Jordan White said:

Personally I like the decals since it gives it a 90s vibe, and they work since you added the flares and didn’t go with a stock Baja color. Just needs some colored shocks and chrome double tube roll bar and it would be a great show truck!

Thank You. Thank You for the idea on tube bumpers and roll bar.

Due to a variety of fitment issues, I’m calling this attempt done. Don’t worry, I’ll be attempting a S10 Baja again, at a different time. It’ll also be named S10 BAJA, but not sure how else I’ll be naming it. Like S10 BAJA II, Part 2, or Take 2, or give it the same name as this one and rename this one.