Model Cars Magazine Forum

33 Ford Coupe

ModelcarJR

This one is done!  Its not the ZZ Top version, just a plain out of the box 33 Ford.  Paint is Dupli-Color black on the fenders and Dark Toredor Metallic on the body. Interior is Satin Almond.  I used the wheels and tires from the parts box that originally came from the Revell 32 Ford Sedan. I glued the grill, hood, and hood sides together as one assembly. It fits pretty well but I wish the hood sides were a little tighter on the cowl sides of the body. I must not have the tilt of the grill just right. I'm not going to try to fix it as I don't want to mess up the paint. Thanks for looking! 😎

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

• Like 2

Thanks, All! I appreciate your comments!  

This is an update to the build.  I wasn't satisfied with the way the hood sat and noticed that the top of the cabin (multi-piece bodies are always an issue for me) wasn't back far enough.  I noticed a gap between the end of the window sill and the door jam. So I took the top off again, dash and steering wheel. This allowed me to shorten the steering column as well so I could put the wheel more in the middle of the seat. I adjusted the dash to be more of an angle leaning back and then remounted the top, holding it in place while the glue dried and making sure it was all the way back to the door jam on both sides. Before all of that, I had re-built the hood, hood sides and grill assembly but I probably didn't need to do that.  Anyway, everything fits a lot better now and I managed not to damage any paint.  Looks a lot better to me now!  Thanks for looking! 😎

enhance

enhance

• 2 months later...