Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 4x4 Ford

So Moebius caught a lot of grief over the release of this kit as it shows a F-250 but the contents build up as a F-150, which as you point out has a different front suspension. Fireball Modelworks engineered a beautiful conversion kit but stopped selling them because he couldn't keep up with demand. Ironically, not long after he announced he was ceasing production, Moebius showed pictures of upcoming new releases of this series of trucks that has the correct F-250 4x4 suspension. No release date has been set but estimates have it late this year, possible early next year.

To build a proper F-250 kit you either have to source one of the Fireball kits, wait for Moebius to release the new kit or get busy scratch building some parts.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Thanks Mike. I think I'll wait for the correct release. Especially if its already lifted.

I have seen pictures and it looks nice. Of course will have to wait and see when the kit comes out. I plan on getting a couple even though I have the Fireball conversion kit.

20 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

So Moebius caught a lot of grief over the release of this kit as it shows a F-250 

Wouldn't cost them a cent to run it by us first for critiques of proposed box art. Not the first time though. '69 F 100 2WD and '66 F 100 4x4 box art have some issues as well.

Edited by leafsprings

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, stavanzer said:

After the QC issues with the Ramp Truck, I sure hope Moebius has fixed things by the time this truck come out.

The Moebius 67-72 Ford Trucks have been plagued with hood warp issues since day one. There also some other fitment issues with them but to my knowledge nothing has been done to correct them throughout the production run. As we have seen with the Ramp Truck, the problem was worse with the bed being warped along with other parts. May be the molding process, may be the kitting process after molding, may be material thickness used for the parts, not sure as I am not a plastics engineer. The fact that the old Racers Wedge body is 50 years old and it can be run without the problems Moebius is having tells me maybe they (Moebius) should look at how they (Round2) are able to be successful.

My concern is that the replacement parts won't be any better (as evidenced by someone posting a replacement hood as bad as the original) and the costs associated will prevent Moebius from releasing other kits.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2022 at 6:42 PM, mikemodeler said:

To build a proper F-250 kit you either have to source one of the Fireball kits, wait for Moebius to release the new kit or get busy scratch building some parts.

These will work too... from the revell ramcharger kit. Might have to switch that front pumpkin to the other side though.

79rmchgax.jpg.a13da978a021e235154f02906301bfec.jpg

11 hours ago, stavanzer said:

If you have resorted to using Monogram Ramcharger Pumpkins/Axles for your F-250 4x4 Conversion, I don't think the 1/25--1/24 scale difference is going to matter to you.

While he has yet to update his website, in a recent conversation I had with Joseph at Fireball he mentioned that he was bringing the F-250 conversion kit back and has simplified it a bit. Not sure what all that means but if you truly want a F-250 4x4 conversion for the Ford kits, his is top notch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

While he has yet to update his website, in a recent conversation I had with Joseph at Fireball he mentioned that he was bringing the F-250 conversion kit back and has simplified it a bit. Not sure what all that means but if you truly want a F-250 4x4 conversion for the Ford kits, his is top notch!

Yeah, when that happens, I need to just pony up for one.