Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro SS

Hard_2_Handle_454

Been  wanting this kit since it was first announced.  Hadn't had a chance to get around to building it until now.  It's an excellent kit.  I have nothing bad to say about it.  Wish they'd make a decal for the Hound's tooth interior, but that's not really an issue.  This was one of the nicest kits I've built.  It was well worth the money I paid to get it.

52184851708_e89d50881b_k.jpgSAM_1024 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52185325455_3035b86aa0_k.jpgSAM_1025 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52185325410_ffd5098f8f_k.jpgSAM_1026 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52185325375_f60e8dc94a_k.jpgSAM_1027 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52184851468_a7f75b5b14_k.jpgSAM_1029 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

• Like 3

Well, I know the Pace Car version has them and the one with the red car on the box, I have that one. They're shown on the buildup of the one with the white car on the box so there's those three for sure.

The only one left is the one with the yellow car on the box, I don't know if it has them or not. Maybe that's the one you had?

2 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Well, I know the Pace Car version has them and the one with the red car on the box, I have that one. They're shown on the buildup of the one with the white car on the box so there's those three for sure.

The only one left is the one with the yellow car on the box, I don't know if it has them or not. Maybe that's the one you had?

No, it was a red car.  Only had the RS grill.  The stripes also didn't have the 396 on them.  Just a blank spot and you had to paint the 396 on.  No SS badging or Camaro script.  The only decals were the stripes and plates.  I got it about 10yrs ago.  I got it since it was the only SS version I could find.  I may have to get the Pace Car though.  I've been wanting one. 

Beautiful looking Camaro. I like how you got the blacked out tail panel as many forget that part of the SS package. The side stripes looked good on these also. The painted steel wheels and the dog dish hub caps, were they in the kit? 

10 hours ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

No, it was a red car.  Only had the RS grill.  The stripes also didn't have the 396 on them.  Just a blank spot and you had to paint the 396 on.  No SS badging or Camaro script.  The only decals were the stripes and plates.  I got it about 10yrs ago.  I got it since it was the only SS version I could find.  I may have to get the Pace Car though.  I've been wanting one. 

Odd. Mine definitely has them, I checked last night before I made that post.

I got mine quite a while ago too. It's in one of those Infamous "donut boxes" Revell did for a couple years.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking Camaro. I like how you got the blacked out tail panel as many forget that part of the SS package. The side stripes looked good on these also. The painted steel wheels and the dog dish hub caps, were they in the kit? 

Yeah, and so were the regular Rally wheels too.  There were also decals for the tires.  There's a whole thread on whats in the kit in the review section.

2 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Odd. Mine definitely has them, I checked last night before I made that post.

I got mine quite a while ago too. It's in one of those Infamous "donut boxes" Revell did for a couple years.

I looked it up.  It was an MPC kit.  Good to know the Revell kits have them though.

Here you go... This kit definitely has the houndstooth decals for the custom interior seating which are different from any of the coupe kits... Both interior tubs are different also... The decal sheet from the actual Pace Car kit have the orange houndstooth decals...

s-l400 (2).jpg

20220621_174841.jpg

Edited by deuces wild