Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cousin Bo's '67 GTO....yes, the much hated MPC kit

roadhawg

Very well done.  That paint job is amazing. I have this kit and was contemplating what to do with it - I have "heard" the negative comments.  Your build may just inspire me to move from my original intention of short track racer.

Nicely done Tommy! I always appreciate when someone takes a kit that some dismiss and turn it into something like this! Not every kit is shake and bake. This model proves what a difference a little extra effort can make. Well done!

On 7/3/2022 at 2:23 PM, BIGTRUCK said:

Really nice looking GTO. The darker door and trunk lines bring out that color. Nice work.

About the panel lines......I do all mine using Roger Hayes' (Plowboys) method of simply scribing the existing lines deeper. Nothing else, no accent color or anything. It's easy to do and looks tons better than any other way. In most cases, adding a wash to the lines actually distracts from the appearance. 

• 1 month later...

Absolutely gorgeous GTO!

My favourite colour too! I just recently got back into building cars and spend almost no time on Facebook so I’d be hard pressed to believe, looking at your build, that this kit has such a bad wrap. Simply beautiful Tommy!

Cheers,     
Wolf