Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack Superliner

This is the newer release Italeri branded AMT Mack Superliner. Swapped out the kit Cummins for a 12v71 Detroit from a Tyrone Malone Superboss kit. Has to modify the turbos and up pipes, as well as the front belt assembly and water pump to fit. Had to move the cab and cab mounts too. Added a 3d printed swan, modified bow tie visor, moebius super single rims and tires, AMT 5th wheel plate, and custom mudflaps. Also moved the fuel tanks back and added battery boxes. Overall, a very nice kit! 

20220703_040144.jpg

20220703_040223.jpg

20220703_040236.jpg

20220703_040324.jpg

20220703_040300.jpg

20220703_040255.jpg

20220703_040401.jpg

20220703_040338.jpg

20220703_040437.jpg

20220703_040451.jpg

20220703_040503.jpg

11 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Great looking Mack Superliner Alex. I like your Big Al on the door to. 

That's a signature touch I try to add on as many builds as I can! Definitely a challenge to add, but worth it!

Thank you guys😁

Nice work with this one. You don’t see that many Superliners here in the forum, let alone one dressed up so classy. Great mods, they improve the look and accuracy. Nice to see a proper North American-style fifth wheel. Most Italeri kits come with their European-style fifth wheel - incorrect for the US trucks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vincen47 said:

Nice work with this one. You don’t see that many Superliners here in the forum, let alone one dressed up so classy. Great mods, they improve the look and accuracy. Nice to see a proper North American-style fifth wheel. Most Italeri kits come with their European-style fifth wheel - incorrect for the US trucks.

I appreciate it, thank you! I had to swap out that 5th wheel assembly. I've never liked it, I'm glad I had a spare one to use on this build. Looks much better!

Thank you again everyone, I appreciate the comments and feedback!

3 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Nice work on this one, Al - as I see, there are still no Mack logos in this kit. You cut back the "matlack" decals for Mack on the side of the hood, didn't you?

Great eye, I sure did do that! 

I'm overwhelmed with all this positive feedback, I really appreciate each comment. Thank you!!

1 hour ago, Jhill said:

Very nice! I'm going to have to get one!

You should, it was a fantastic build. I've done 3 in the past with no issues. Well worth it.