Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texas Opportunity Diorama

olmadmodeler

That is some darn good art work there. That engine bay looks about as good as it gets. The hitch hiker looks so good i imagine a texas oil cadillac cruised up and gave her a ride.

A head-turner, and I don't just mean the hitcher!  Does a C&W song go with that vignette?

I wish I'd learned how to do figures; I want to finish a couple of dios (at age 77!) but it's more important for me to use my remaining time to just get my kits done!  A diorama is not much without people in it, usually.

Oh, and very accurate 265 V-8: the manifolds and oil filter are right on.  So many don't realize why a SBC gasket set comes with two driver's side pan rail versions; no built-in filter accommodation until 1957!  Some '57's were stock with 265's; as a friend of mine found out to his chagrin; thought he had a 283!  I used to drive a '56 Chevy Class II fire tanker for the USFS, and it didn't have much torque, but would really clock up -- if you had a good road for it!  GMC's used Pontiacs!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...