Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pledge Floor Gloss?

For years I’ve had a bottle Future floor polish I’ve been using to coat my models. I know that a few years ago Johnson Wax quit making Future, and that their Pledge Floor Gloss was basically the same thing, and its replacement. Well, now it looks like they quit making that too. I’m just now running out of Future. So what do I replace it with? 

Out of curiosity I went to Wllyworlds website and it is listed as "Pledge Floor Polish Original" and is available for shipping for 8.99. Not available in any of the stores here in Middle Tennessee.

Luckilly I have almost half a bottle of the actual original Future and still use it with great result.

38 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Out of curiosity I went to Wllyworlds website and it is listed as "Pledge Floor Polish Original" and is available for shipping for 8.99. Not available in any of the stores here in Middle Tennessee.

Luckilly I have almost half a bottle of the actual original Future and still use it with great result.

Last year I found their cheap Color Place flat white, gray and black primers still listed on their website. Ordered a bunch of it. Couple days later I get an email that these are no longer available. 

Had the same experience a few months ago re Sure spray deodorant, which has also disappeared everywhere. 

Moral: Just 'cause it's on Walmart's website doesn't guarantee that it exists. 

When I heard the rumor that it was getting scarce, I bought one for back up. My Original formula Future is a bit thick than the newer Pledge. Probably due to advance age. If I am out running errands I will be on the lookout for you.

Note: Home Depot has at least a dozen similar products on their website. No idea if they are anywhere near the same formula.

I suspect that the Pledge Revive It Floor Gloss is either the replacement or similar item. And I have not tried it since really I don't even use the Floor Care which is basically Future. I have the Floor Care, use it in test shoots for model paint schemes and things non model building where I want to see the effect of a clear finish quickly..