Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Grand Sport chassis 004 Sebring 1964

9 hours ago, robertw said:

Well done but this must be of the car before it had done any time on the track....much too clean. Have a couple of those kits but yet to build one, too many models and too little time so I am envious of the great job that you've done.

I agree Robert, looks too clean but a race weathered car is possibly the hardest thing to do. I'd love to learn how to do that but for now it's well above my pay grade...lol!

There is not much that I can add to what has already been said about this model.  You should be extremely proud of yourself for what you have accomplished and the finished product.  What an absolutely gorgeous model!!  Like some others have said, I followed your WIP thread and was impressed with how you tackled each problem.  Congratulations on a job well done, Pierre!

Thank you Larry, Bob and John. I am more than happy with the results, particularly the paint all done with a brush (a 5 year journey to get there)

I received a lot of input from fellow builders on the WIP which helped me solve a few issues.

Keep posting WIP updates of your Matra John, a pure joy to follow!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bainford said:

Stellar build. You have done very well to tame this kit, and I'm going to remember the idea of using the Fujimi tires. Love the paint work, your hand-painting process is working great. Love the build. Top job.

Thanks Trevor. The GT40 tires have much better proportions vs the kit tires. Only problem is now I have a GT40 without tires...