Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Charger Pro Street

Ramcharger

I finally finished my '69 Dodge Charger Pro Streeter I was working on. After having several Clearcoat problems with the silver base, vinyl top problems, and an upper radiator hose dilemma, it is done. I think the flames came out OK, it's the first time I've shot blue flame. I also custom built some exhaust turndowns out of aluminum tube. Other than that it's a '69 Charger body on a '70 Super Bee Pro Street chassis and interior. Comments or criticism welcome.

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hello there friend! mean lookin charger ya got. I almost always have problems with silver base or silver paint. It seems Its just too thin at most times . But ya knocked it out the ball park here! Nice buid-up. Keep on wit the keepin on!

peace

ajulia

Thanks a lot, guys! The flames are airbrushed, I tried a few things with them to give them depth. It's candy blue with white, I think I went too dark with the blue. I think the Coronet P/S chassis has the rear end too narrow so I added some aluminum spacers to the axles. I also cut and reshaped the rear wheel openings, as well as flipping the rear four link and front spindles to give it a good stance. Ajulia, silver is a pain, I always use a black undercoat to give it more depth and easier coverage. My problem was with the clear I put over the silver before the flames, first time it was too thin, then I dropped it right after I cleared it (wet paint and dirt don't mix). The flames went on real easy. Thanks for the comments.

fordh8r, here's another flame job I posted a while ago -

Daytonafire3.jpg

DR Dubois - I shoot everything with Createx Auto Air. Once you get past the learning curve it's killer stuff. No spray booth required in the house and you can use any clear over it. Tip dry is a problem when you spray those fine details, though. Thanks for the compliments!

I don't recall seeing those wide tires under that @ the meeting..... I was too mesmerized by the paint. did you change something?

The vinyl top wasn't painted, glass, BMF and final assembly was all. The tires were under the beast, I think you missed them because I had it sitting in the back disguised as a milder auto. B)

• 2 weeks later...

That has got to be one of the sickest Chargers I've ever seen. You did a fantastic job on that car, that's for sure. the flame job really shines against the silver paint. Pat yourself no the back for a great job on a super car! :D