Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelers - In Memorium

Xingu

• Xingu pinned this topic

The June 9 post at the Model Car Builder Facebook page had this announcement about Pat Bibeau, a fixture at the Greater Salt Lake contests for multiple years. This link should be be viewable for people who don't have FB accounts, to read the entire announcement. Here's just the first 3 lines:

Our hobby has lost another good friend, our prayers go out to his family & friends...Pat Bibeau

August 31, 1941 - St. Boniface, Manitoba May 31, 2022 - Calgary, Alberta

Pat passed away at age 80 years after a battle with cancer, which he fought with courage, grace, and his wonderful sense of humour. ...............

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have lost five great modellers and excellent friends in the past two years here in Puerto Rico. Jose A. Burgos, Tony Torres, Jimmy Lopez, Alex Rentas and Carmelo Nieves. The last two only a month apart of each other and the two of them were greatest friends. We laid Carmelo to rest today, We will miss them so much. 🥺

Edited by Mad Slammer

• 1 month later...

It is with a heavy heart that I inform the Truck Modeling Community of the passing of Gary Wallace of GW Trucks.  Gary was one of my "truck model friends", as my wife calls you guys.  I had the pleasure to know him, and go to his show in Fulton, NY, several times.  He was a big name in the truck modeling community here in Central New York, and I know several of you guys have used his products.  He will be missed.  Here is a link to his obituary from the Oswego County Today:

Gary Wallace – Oswego County Today

And now you know as much as I do.  I only learned about this today from a couple other mutual friends.

• Sad 1

He was the best quality truck parts producer in the Industry. I stand by that statement 100%. I considered him family. I'm heartbroken by this, and I'm so glad I knew him. The parts I have left over from him will be put to great use. I'm gonna miss seeing him at shows

• 2 weeks later...

Just read on Hyperscale that Don Greer, prolific creator of some much-loved AMT box art of the '60s and '70s (and, I believe, some of the recent Round 2 reissues, too) has passed. 

He first came to my attention (by name) in the '70s with his covers and other fine color art for Squadron/Signal's In Action line of aircraft books. It was only relatively recently that I was delighted to discover that he'd also done AMT box art. But once you get used to his style, it's pretty easy to spot. 

RIP Don, and thanks for all the great art in both worlds. Your work will live forever in our hearts. 

• Thanks 1

LolWith a heavy heart I am posting this...owner of G&G Hobbies in Griffith Indiana has passed away this last Friday...Larry Gradek. As far as I know, the shop has been around since the 1960's. Our club, The Midwest Glue Crew, will still hold the meeting Tuesday night at Schoops in Highland IN...will find out more details...Larry was a great guy and a great friend 

IMG_20221031_214105.jpg

IMG_20221031_214049.jpg

• 1 month later...

It is with a heavy heart that I have gotten the news that "Impcom" Gary Cook had passed away. His wife had emailed me that he was in his shop when it caught fire, and that he was badly burned over 70% of his body. Gary was a great guy and we met on here. We forged a good friendship we traded quite a bit  , and emailed each other several times daily over the last 9 years ... I will miss him deeply! Rest in peace my good friend, and buddy................

Gary Cook Transtar 4070 a.JPG

Edited by ranma
  • Sad 3

• bobthehobbyguy changed the title to Donn Yost RIP model painting guru and model builder expert