Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT to reissue the Alaskan Hauler Kenworth

23 minutes ago, Tabbysdaddy said:

I hope it doesn't have a big hole in the windshield like the one pictured. :D

I think that's a hole in the plastic wrap around the box.  That actually looks like a really old box, too. 

Hoorah!! Cheers!  I want one! Maybe 2.   :)

There is now not much that haven't been reissued in the AMT "archives" of heavy trucks;

Chevrolet Titan COE (GMC Astro-95 with a new grill and nameplates)

Chevrolet Bison conventional (GMC General conventional, with a new grill and nameplates)

Kenworth T-600 and Canepa version

Then there is the ERTL "archive"

Internationals:  F-4270,   F-2575,    F-2674.    There is also the John-Deere backhoe loader, last available around 2000.

8 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

I figures, I bought the resin copies of the unique parts in the kit so of course they bring it back now.

If it’s the Auslowe one, it’s greatly improved over the kit. Better tread plate, and optional headlights. 

Ben

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bennyg said:

If it’s the Auslowe one, it’s greatly improved over the kit. Better tread plate, and optional headlights. 

Ben

It is, and yes, it is much better than just a straight reissue. It just seems to be the way it goes sometimes. 

4 hours ago, PintoKING said:

Hoorah!! Cheers!  I want one! Maybe 2.   :)

There is now not much that haven't been reissued in the AMT "archives" of heavy trucks;

Chevrolet Titan COE (GMC Astro-95 with a new grill and nameplates)

Chevrolet Bison conventional (GMC General conventional, with a new grill and nameplates)

Kenworth T-600 and Canepa version

Then there is the ERTL "archive"

Internationals:  F-4270,   F-2575,    F-2674.    There is also the John-Deere backhoe loader, last available around 2000.

The Titan was one of the first reissues in the late 2000s. Whether the T-600 can come back or not depends on how they restored the W-925 kit.

On the original kit, (  as per the plans on scalemates;   https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/4/9/8/949498-29-instructions.pdf  )  it also included the "stock" parts for the regular W-925.

It would be nice if those "stock" parts were also included this time.

But I wonder; did the Alaskan Hauler parts unique to it were on a separate sprue?  (ie, hood, fenders, transmission, ect)

This kit when it came out had no chrome on the trees that would normally have it,I think the tree with the grille and front bumper was missing for the 925 version.I have one and it came with the hood for the 925?.It was a fleet truck for the frozen north,so it had no bright work at all,even the door handles were bare plastic.There were a few extra parts in the box,it was to have 1 air cleaner,no Auxilary transmission, just some small stuff like that,I wouldnt buy the kit for the "extra" pieces,just some that were not to be installed. harvey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...