Model Cars Magazine Forum

46 minutes ago, GoForItPainting said:

I haven't started yet, but both Ford concepts are ready. I would like to make YT videos of each of them. Photos will be posted here. I may make the surfboard out of balsa wood.

Nice.  Cant wait to see this one start coming together.

I'm at step 14 and today I want to assemble it ready for painting. I also made a video in the process. This is my first Revell car but after the Tamiya it is a little less fun.

- The Tamiya VW Beetle 66' fitted like Lego. The material was less flexible, but the hood didn't fit perfectly there either. I am making the "B" version from the Ford and the fit between the cabin and the hood is very loose.
- The frames are not marked with letters, several parts that fit together were on separate frames. One piece of the engine is on the chrome frame and the rest on white. (I searched for a long time until I realized that I should also search there)
- The parts fit very close to the frame. The cutter is difficult to fit there, but there are things that would be damaged even with a blade. It is most disturbing for round parts.

These are the first experiences. It's great to practice and learn even if the hood is stuck because of the gap.

IMG_20220722_185750485.thumb.jpg.e66890d1fe7bf573cfe94f149b651f73.jpg

• Like 1

I just have to build the wheels and the interior and tomorrow I can paint it.

- I will upholster the seats.
- The tailgate might be magnetized with 1x1 mm diameter magnets.
- I really like the dual exhaust tips and lights on the "A" version, so I might modify it with those.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:03 PM, GoForItPainting said:

I'm at step 14 and today I want to assemble it ready for painting. I also made a video in the process. This is my first Revell car but after the Tamiya it is a little less fun.

- The Tamiya VW Beetle 66' fitted like Lego. The material was less flexible, but the hood didn't fit perfectly there either. I am making the "B" version from the Ford and the fit between the cabin and the hood is very loose.
- The frames are not marked with letters, several parts that fit together were on separate frames. One piece of the engine is on the chrome frame and the rest on white. (I searched for a long time until I realized that I should also search there)
- The parts fit very close to the frame. The cutter is difficult to fit there, but there are things that would be damaged even with a blade. It is most disturbing for round parts.

These are the first experiences. It's great to practice and learn even if the hood is stuck because of the gap.

IMG_20220722_185750485.thumb.jpg.e66890d1fe7bf573cfe94f149b651f73.jpg

Looks very nice!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...