Model Cars Magazine Forum

Krylon Short Cut spray paint question

I have been wondering if it has been discontinued. I love the flat black which is more of a satin sheen but can't find it.  My usual source has been Hobby Lobby but a check of two stores and on line came up out of stock. There is a couple listed on ebay but the price asking is stupid high.

The last time I was at Michael's they had it but that was back around Dec 2021.  I don't use it though, so can't answer the OP question about dry times. I know back about 15 years ago when I did use Krylon it dried pretty quickly ( certainly touch dry sometime the same day and workable overnight). I've heard the formula has changed since those days. No idea in what way.

10 minutes ago, Dave G. said:

True and I dehydrate all my paints these days. Not everyone has one though.

If someone does not have one....find one!!!!! I bought mine 25 yeas ago at Big Lots for $10.....best hobby investment I ever made. I even have a back up unit I found at a yard sale for $3!!! You can still find a basic unit for less than the MSRP of a current model kit.