Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ivana Trump has died

NYLIBUD

Good grief. Turning a memorial post into an argument.

Look, although you people may not like them, these people are famous and are celebrities. A person doesn't require talent or skills to be a celebrity. Sometimes, they marry a celebrity. Sometimes they make a sex tape with a celebrity. Lots of people get famous and are just famous for being famous. 

I think everyone mentioned in this thread is a twit, but they are all famous celebrities. In the tabloids? Newspapers? Magazines? TV appearances? Common household names? 

11 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I think everyone mentioned in this thread is a twit, but they are all famous celebrities. In the tabloids? Newspapers? Magazines? TV appearances? Common household names? 

Wow.... talk about calling the kettle black when it comes to insulting these good folks on these forums. Since you are a administrator/moderator, this doesn’t give you the right to call us twits. Shame on you for insulting us members. Maybe you need to go on a 30 day moderations of YOUR posts. 

Hey... what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. 

Edited by BlackSheep214

1 hour ago, BlackSheep214 said:

I won't speak for Dan, but my comprehension of these words doesn't tell me that he is saying that the posters are twits.....

I also don't get this fascination with deaths here.  I understand that it is the off-topic section, but still, why we have to be informed about all those famous and not-so-famous people expiring?  We already get bombarded with this type of useless info from news feeds.

Wow.

Is this going to be the first Obit thread to get locked down? :blink:

Seriously, I stopped watching mainstream news media a long time ago for reasons that should be obvious nowadays. Sometimes the only memorials I find out about are on this forum. I may not know who everyone is, but I won't disrespect their memories by bashing them either. Most people do have families who grieve over them and it's just rude to go and stomp on their grave, just because you don't think they were important enough!

Just remember this poem:

Remember me as you pass by,
As you are now, so once was I,
As I am now, so you must be,
Prepare for death and follow me.

author unknown. 

Edited by Oldcarfan27

Oh come on guys,i’m the one who originally posted this.If you don’t care or don’t agree with what is posted,THEN DON’T READ IT!!!🫣Why has this post turned into an argument.I just posted it because i’ve heard of Ivana Trump,and I thought it was sad that she died.And yes she was a celebrity.Oh and also,yes the Kardashians are useless…Ok that’s all i have to say. Sheeesh.🙄

Edited by NYLIBUD
  • Like 1

Like the often repeated recommendations, I usually do not open all those obit. threads, but just seeing the subject lines is annoying.  And no, I can't not un-see those when I visit this section of the forum.  I like lively off-topic discussion, but IMO there seems to be too many obituary type of subject lines.

NYLIBUD, this is not specifically about you or Ivana. It is about too many "famous people" death notices here in general, but you seem to be one of the frequent obit posters.  I just finally got annoyed enough to  say something about it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, peteski said:

Like the often repeated recommendations, I usually do not open all those obit. threads, but just seeing the subject lines is annoying.  And no, I can't not un-see those when I visit this section of the forum.  I like lively off-topic discussion, but IMO there seems to be too many obituary type of subject lines.

NYLIBUD, this is not specifically about you or Ivana. It is about too many "famous people" death notices here in general, but you seem to be one of the frequent obit posters.  I just finally got annoyed enough to  say something about it.

Well summed up. I totally agree.

My frustration  was amplified by the passing of Bruce Owen a modeling icon. His passing was virtually ignored.  Typical of how the passing of most modelers on this site are treated.  Yet once again a "famous obit" draws more attention.

13 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Wow.... talk about calling the kettle black when it comes to insulting these good folks on these forums. Since you are a administrator/moderator, this doesn’t give you the right to call us twits. Shame on you for insulting us members. Maybe you need to go on a 30 day moderations of YOUR posts. 

Hey... what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. 

11 hours ago, Rodent said:

I won't speak for Dan, but my comprehension of these words doesn't tell me that he is saying that the posters are twits.....

Bingo.

Everyone MENTIONED. No posters have been mentioned in this thread. The only people mentioned have been the celebrities/famous people.

1 hour ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Well summed up. I totally agree.

My frustration  was amplified by the passing of Bruce Owen a modeling icon. His passing was virtually ignored.  Typical of how the passing of most modelers on this site are treated.  Yet once again a "famous obit" draws more attention.

The problem is, how do people learn more about these modelling icons? I'm under 50, have been modelling for 40 years, but have never heard of Bruce Owens before that obit thread. And to be honest, I hardly recognize any of the modelling icon names mentioned around here. Some incredible talent for sure, but not really well known, even within the hobby. How is one to learn of these people that have contributed to the hobby? I personally would rather see more historical type threads around here, instead of obits.

Anyway, this thread is way off topic now, so I'll stop. 

I don't mind bringing our attention to an obit when it's full of interesting facts of their life that some of us have forgotten or didn't know. I look at it as a "celebration of life" sort of thing and it's always good to see if someone lived a good long life. Still sad that someone has died but it happens.

• Like 1

Hey Dan just shut the post down.I didn’t think mentioning the death of Ivana Trump would rub so many folks the wrong way 🤷‍♂️🫢😳..Im truly sorry if i pissed off or annoyed anyone,seriously.I Just felt bad for her so i mentioned her death in the forums.It’s strange,whenever I mentioned other celebrities passing away,such as Ray Liotta,it didn’t get this kind of reaction..Hmm could it be because of her last name being Trump?Lol.No but seriously maybe I do mention too many celeb obits in the Off-topic lounge...I promise i’ll cut down.🤪.I’ll just post the really famous deaths.😁So with that being said,now I’m done.Ta da..

Edited by NYLIBUD

58 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Again, it's off topic. That's the freaking point. No interest? DON'T READ. Simple. 

Again, for the millionth time (yes I'm exaggerating), we have too many obit-type subject lines in this OFF-TOPIC forum.  I cannot not-read those.  Sorry buddy.  Read my other post Lee.

• Xingu locked this topic