Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 MPC PaddyWagon

BIGTRUCK

I didnt want to do another PaddyWagon so with different paint and decals its now a UPS Delivery . All chrome was removed for clean up and painted gold ,any chrome on here is Molotow chrome. 80% of parts are original, the rest are parts box. Decals are from Gopher. Paint is brown metalflake. The original builder used alot of glue when they put this together which caused warping roof and on the back doors, I thought I had the doors repaired pretty good but they just were never going to open and close properly. I had to cut new windshield glass so I cut it from a sheet of amber and added amber glass to the rear and side window areas. With the price of kits these days saving and old kit is a great way to go. I got this old kit in a trade with a member of this board. I was going with some flames but decided to leave them off for now, I can always add them later.

20220715_063225.jpg

20220715_063347.jpg

20220715_063458.jpg

20220715_063558.jpg

20220715_063649.jpg

20220715_063225.jpg

• Like 2

What a fun model to behold! As a youth I had a Hot Wheels car by that name which looked similar. While it did not look like anything familiar, it was a cherished toy. It was only later I learned about hot rods and fantasy cars. What a fun memory you bring. Very nice!

Enjoyed watching your rebuild on this and think it looks great. Not sure flames would enhance the look, but that would be your choice of course. I like your UPS theme and the color look perfect together with the gold trim.  

+1 on the fun factor! This is great model car, period. Everything about it exemplifies the fun that comes with building model cars. The finishes you've chosen give it such character that it would still stand out on a shelf full of builds of the same basic kit. Fantastic save, and just too cool!

43 minutes ago, bisc63 said:

+1 on the fun factor! This is great model car, period. Everything about it exemplifies the fun that comes with building model cars. The finishes you've chosen give it such character that it would still stand out on a shelf full of builds of the same basic kit. Fantastic save, and just too cool!

Thanks for your kind words and for following along.

Ken

20 hours ago, espo said:

Enjoyed watching your rebuild on this and think it looks great. Not sure flames would enhance the look,  I like your UPS theme and the color look perfect together with the gold trim.  

Pretty much agree about the flames or anything else added would maybe take away from the UPS theme.

On 7/15/2022 at 11:27 AM, Can-Con said:

Great save Ken. Always nice to see something like that brought back to life instead of just being trashed. 

Thanks to your heads up on the kits with the chassis parts I could use if needed, and it was a time saver.

• Like 1