Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Chevrolet Nomad Craftsman Series restoration

rsmodels

This was one I bought already built and then restored. I removed the third tail lights as the kit came with triple rear lights. I used original 1960 AMT/SMP tires rather than the soft tires it came with. I also added side glass to the doors. Of course I foiled and detailed it.

My late brother used to be picked up every day to go to high school (early 60's) in a wagon just like this. It brings back great memories. I have another of these I'll probably build someday too.

Comments and/or suggestions are welcome.     -Rich

DSC00802.JPG

DSC00810.JPG

DSC00811.JPG

DSC00817.JPG

DSC00794.JPG

DSC00795.JPG

DSC00820.JPG

DSC00821.JPG

DSC00822.JPG

DSC00788.JPG

DSC00824.JPG

DSC00826.JPG

DSC00823.JPG

• Like 8

LOVE the big early 60s GM cars; sedans, hardtops, wagons, ALL!  This is a particularly nice looking wagon, owing as much to the tasteful blue color as Chevy's oh-so-cool body styling. Digging everything about this one. SO well done.

Absolutely gorgeous !  I like that you removed the third taillight , that's often overlooked .

I've owned a few '60 Chevys and have been looking for one of these kits for a while now , can only hope mine turns out half as nice as yours !