Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevrolet had the 454SS, and GMC had the Syclone. So here's the full size GMC muscle truck that never was but could have been. It started as a 454SS and was fitted with an LT5 and 6 speed manual from a Corvette ZR1. The 1500 decals are from Ray's Kits, the hood and Diablo graphics are from the old MPC Caballero, and the rear window graphic is from an old Slixx sheet. The wheels are color matched Center Line modulars taken from two kits (so I'd have the same width on both ends of the truck).  The interior is more or less stock, but with a floor shifter, and it also has the steering wheel and seats from an AMT Dodge Viper. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:06 PM, iamsuperdan said:

Looks good! Did you get the GMC grille from the old AMT C3500 kit?

Yes indeed. Almost used the cowl induction hood too, but set that aside for another project. Somewhere I have the GMC grille with the lettering from a Sonoma added. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very nicely done.

When this body style first came out, I hated it. Couldn't understand why you would go from the dead sexy square body to this atrocity... over the years, it has turned out to be one of my favorites. Weird I know...