Model Cars Magazine Forum

Are you supposed to dance to Steely Dan?

1 hour ago, JollySipper said:

It's not that you Can't dance to the Dan, it's that you should just chill, sit back and listen to it. They did a lot of work to their albums in the studio to get them to sound just right.

B)

Yea it’s like trying to dance to Sabbath.lol,just sit,chill,and listen to the music.

• Like 1

Most Steely Dan songs just need to be listened to and enjoyed but I can think of a few songs that would make you want to dance some.

Reminds me of one of the wife's cousins who used to ruin a good dance party when he put on The Doors. Just not a group that makes you want to dance. Good music but not for dancing.

7 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Fagen is still alive, well and touring as the last original member of the "Dan". Walter Becker is the one who passed. 

I am so sorry, I read the bio too quickly. Yes, he is alive it was Walter Becker's death date I saw. Gee I was just at the eye doctor two weeks ago, I guess the bifocals are bad as was discussed.

greg 

It is actually lawfully forbidden in 28 U.S. states, effective immediately after United States v. Ren McCormack. If found guilty, one could be sentenced up to 5 years in a state penitentiary, and be ordered to pay up to a $3,500 fine, as well as being added to the national dance offender registry. 

• Haha 2

On 7/24/2022 at 6:29 AM, Smoke Wagon said:

It is actually lawfully forbidden in 28 U.S. states, effective immediately after United States v. Ren McCormack. If found guilty, one could be sentenced up to 5 years in a state penitentiary, and be ordered to pay up to a $3,500 fine, as well as being added to the national dance offender registry. 

Hey, no politics here!!! 😉

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...