Model Cars Magazine Forum

New model maker from Germany

Hello, my name ist Thomas from  Bavaria in Germany.

I hope for your understanding for my simple old school english. I see another problem is the auto correction of my I-Pad.

But now I want  to speak about our hobby .

Since about 15 years I like to built models(after a long break when I was young…next month I am 63 years old). These are Cars in the scale 1/24 and 1/25, a little bit military 1/35 and planes from WW1 and WW2 in 1/48 and 1/35.

The most time I built factory stock cars and I prefer them from the years 1950 to 1990. From Ferrari to Mercedes, Chevrolet and  my currently built: 1971 Plymouth GTX from Revell as Dominic‘s Fast & Furious car. My greatest challange is a good glossy clear paint at least.

From some german guys, I know the modelcarmagazin and so I‘ve found this nice and interesting forum which  I‘m sometimes read in the evening and refresh a little the english language. My daugther is working and living since four and a half years in the USA and so I can practice my language knows and my hobby modelling.

If you are interested I can post some ready models of mine. 

I hope with the help of google translate are not too much mistakes in my introduction.

Happy modelling

Thomas

Welcome to the forum Thomas. I used to work for two brothers who had parents that emigrated from Bavaria.They were true to what I had always heard about Bavarians. They were very jovial and warm and very much people oriented. They also taught me pride in worksmanship.

Welcome here Thomas!

I’m originally from Alsfeld in Hessen. That was many years ago though. 

I would love to see some of your models. I share very similar tastes in modelling subjects.

Cheers,    
Wolf

• 3 months later...