Model Cars Magazine Forum

CVS diecasts

NYLIBUD

Has anyone noticed the really wide selection of some nice diecast cars in different scales at their local CVS pharmacies?All the ones near me carry diecast cars and trucks..I’ve been buying them left and right whenever I need to go to the pharmacy.Take a look.

Edited by NYLIBUD

1 hour ago, Gramps46 said:

I have not seen 1/24 diecasts at CVS in our area.  It was a real thrill to see the new Diecast every two weeks in Rite Aid but they went out of business in our area.

Yea they went out of business in my area too.

In my state and the state south, Rite Aids became Walgreens. But there's still a Rite Aid in the state north of me, and as of 2 months ago they still carried the 1/24 Welly diecasts. Last one I got was a black Porsche 911 Turbo. 

• 2 weeks later...

The two CVS locations near me have interesting selections of (+/-) 1/25 scale diecasts. 

The most interesting one (to me)? 

1978 Chrysler Le Baron wagon! 

Unfortunately, the two which the one location had were missing - broken-off - bumpers. 
I couldn't find the missing bumpers anywhere on or near the display rack;
I relented.

These newer (last +/- 20 year) crop of diecast vehicles are quite nice, and have features that only the more/most expensive diecasts had when I was young.

On 7/31/2022 at 8:55 AM, 1972coronet said:

Unfortunately, the two which the one location had were missing - broken-off - bumpers. 

That seems to be an issue here. Kids like to play with them on the floor while their parents shop I guess.

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Finally checked out my local CVS today. Nothing close to 1/24. Full rack of smaller stuff, I couldn't decide if it was 1/32 or 1/43. Either way, not my party. 

Yea there’s rarely any 1/24th scales,mainly the smaller scales.But some of them are pretty cool,but you got to get lucky.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:55 AM, 1972coronet said:

The two CVS locations near me have interesting selections of (+/-) 1/25 scale diecasts. 

The most interesting one (to me)? 

1978 Chrysler Le Baron wagon! 

I relented.

These newer (last +/- 20 year) crop of diecast vehicles are quite nice, and have features that only the more/most expensive diecasts had when I was young.

Is this the wagon your talking about?This is the one that i found awhile ago at my local CVS

AC77F503-2080-4C22-AB20-216CF180FE2F.jpeg

16459BE3-5CB2-4E36-B63D-6D76CFBC21F5.jpeg

C01C4BC4-D1E2-41C6-A297-2242629934D9.jpeg

00184142-1E67-4199-94D4-8D726E0AC4D7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I see these in my Kroger store all the time. They are cool little toys and I believe they have pull back mechanisms in them. I was pondering last time I saw them, about the great variety and the very reasonable quality and detail they offer. My local Lowe's store also carries them. 

Edited by mrm