Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Ned Jarrett Ford

MarkJ

Made and installed the rear-view mirror and tomorrow I will paint it and then I can assemble the sub-assemblies . After that I just need to paint and put the tire/wheel assemblies together and add the firestone decals. after that I can install the tire/wheels and then just do some mop up work here and there and be finished.

Just installed the tire/wheel assemblies. Futured the decal sheets so they will be ready to use when I get to that point. Still need to make the hood and deck pins and touch up the exhaust ports. Oh yes, and there's always the windshield and back glass brackets. I'm glad my next build will be exclusively oob, and I mean that sincerely. Hoping to order the kit Monday. 

3 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Just installed the tire/wheel assemblies. Futured the decal sheets so they will be ready to use when I get to that point. Still need to make the hood and deck pins and touch up the exhaust ports. Oh yes, and there's always the windshield and back glass brackets. I'm glad my next build will be exclusively oob, and I mean that sincerely. Hoping to order the kit Monday. 

Hang in there Mark, almost done!

Will start decaling today, if possible. The model is finally finished, except for a final blue touch up, right before the future goes on.  Got my next build ordered yesterday. Looking forward to something completely different.

Halfway through the decaling process and I found out that future is not a good fixadent for ink jet decals. I decided to do the color decals that go on top of the white underlays on the inkjet printer because it prints clearer with tiny detail then the laser printer does. Luckily, I had an old can of testors 1261 clear rattle can to clear over the future to hopefully save the rest of the decals, so I won't have to print another sheet. I always make multiple decals on my sheets in case of mistakes. My next build arrived in the mail yesterday. Thank you, Mike. You always provide excellent service. I noticed my next build had finally arrived on his website, so I ordered one of those too. Looking at the instructions I will probably be busy for at least a year on these two builds. There's no way I could wing it on these models without instructions.

On 10/8/2022 at 9:55 AM, MarkJ said:

Halfway through the decaling process and I found out that future is not a good fixadent for ink jet decals. I decided to do the color decals that go on top of the white underlays on the inkjet printer because it prints clearer with tiny detail then the laser printer does. Luckily, I had an old can of testors 1261 clear rattle can to clear over the future to hopefully save the rest of the decals, so I won't have to print another sheet. I always make multiple decals on my sheets in case of mistakes. My next build arrived in the mail yesterday. Thank you, Mike. You always provide excellent service. I noticed my next build had finally arrived on his website, so I ordered one of those too. Looking at the instructions I will probably be busy for at least a year on these two builds. There's no way I could wing it on these models without instructions.

Kits requiring following instructions. This means this is something new and exciting. Give us a hint please?

4 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

Kits requiring following instructions. This means this is something new and exciting. Give us a hint please?

Pierre, You will see when the wip begins hopefully later this week. Most guys will not be interested in the wip because they have already built a few themselves, so it will basically just be for me to review before I tackle my next one. Maybe eventually I won't need the instructions anymore.