Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Chevy Camaro

Joe Lange

After a 'brief' pause I am back on track with the Camaro project.  Scribing in a few missing body seams, sanding down the protruding rear window molding, and other assorted corrections.  A new paint job and starting to add some chrome trim.     

DSC00654.JPG

DSC00655.JPG

• Like 2

On 10/9/2022 at 7:40 AM, br67 said:

Im enjoying this build!

Where did you get the cradle that you have the body displayed on?

Brandon, I made the cradle from 'evergreen' polystyrene pieces.  Mainly their tubing.  The bottom is their 1/8 tubing and the rest is slightly smaller diameter.  The wheels are also tubing, just cut very narrow and I filled in the center with J.B. Weld epoxy.  I used a piece of .020 styrene sheet to make the bases to glue the wheels to and added the 'skirts' to the sides of the wheels.  After gluing it all together I added the epoxy to all the glue joints to add strength and to look like welding joints.   

DSC00663.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Joe Lange said:

Brandon, I made the cradle from 'evergreen' polystyrene pieces.  Mainly their tubing.  The bottom is their 1/8 tubing and the rest is slightly smaller diameter.  The wheels are also tubing, just cut very narrow and I filled in the center with J.B. Weld epoxy.  I used a piece of .020 styrene sheet to make the bases to glue the wheels to and added the 'skirts' to the sides of the wheels.  After gluing it all together I added the epoxy to all the glue joints to add strength and to look like welding joints.   

DSC00663.JPG

you did a fantastic job!

• 2 weeks later...

Completed the '67 Camaro yesterday.

Used a combination of 'Keith Mark's Decals' and 'Model Car Garage' photo-etched details.  Also, 'Fireball Modelworks' 14" 1967 Camaro Sport Wheel Covers and tires. 

All of these fellow's products are First Class!

Hope you enjoy the photos!  

DSC00673.JPG

DSC00674.JPG

DSC00679.JPG

DSC00680.JPG

DSC00677.JPG

DSC00678.JPG

DSC00675.JPG

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

That turned out VERY well. I'm right there with Roger, I've never seen one of these built up stock before. Great work on this Joseph.

BTW......I like that shop as well. Did you scratch build that or is that a diorama set?

The diorama started out as a shadow box diorama that was sold at Hobby Lobby.  It was quite bare and had a crappy toy car in it, but I liked the back wall, shelf unit and work benches.  I disassembled the whole thing, removing the top, sides, added a bigger floor.  Then added shop accessories, mainly from Ebay.  Most of them were unfinished castings.  You can get carried away decorating it if you're not careful!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Lange said:

The diorama started out as a shadow box diorama that was sold at Hobby Lobby.  It was quite bare and had a crappy toy car in it, but I liked the back wall, shelf unit and work benches.  I disassembled the whole thing, removing the top, sides, added a bigger floor.  Then added shop accessories, mainly from Ebay.  Most of them were unfinished castings.  You can get carried away decorating it if you're not careful!  

Aint THAT tha truth! LOL!! I've got one diorama that's completed and I'm always adding a few things here and there to it. It's even gotten seasonal now with the addition of a Christmas tree during the holidays. lol 

Awesome work on everything in the picture. You've got some good skills brutha.

Edited by mustang1989

52 minutes ago, adamelvis said:

67' kits are selling for high prices now.

Very nice interior details. 

Super !

Thanks Adam,

It was just sheer luck!  '67s are really silly high.  Looking on Ebay was really disappointing.  Then this came up, "Kit started, otherwise complete".  Body poorly painted and engine block assembled and painted, but everything else was there!  Wasn't 'cheap' but, within reason.