Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is another actual truck from my past. It is going to be a model of a truck that I knocked down a wash shed with. That’s right, I could of been on bonehead truckers. This was many years ago, but I will tell the story when this one makes it to the Under Glass section.

This was about an 85 model with a twin stick 6 speed. This model will only be a close representation, as I won’t be making the cab air ride, and I am building only from memory. 

So far, I have shortened the wheelbase. Added 2 hole Budds and resin rubber tires. A wet line kit is being added. Model Car Garage grill will be on this one. I think that the tanks were from A.I.T.M.. The cab and hood are sitting on the frame for mock up.

47B97CA3-C8D1-45CB-9CB0-9BEDB2F58F08.jpeg.007a6ac10b3bb573f81b17d980456b37.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 9:41 AM, bigred63 said:

Wow, what a great looing MACK! Those 2 hole Buds looking good! Is the MACK letters photo-etch?   

Thanks everyone! Yes the letters are photo etch by Detail Master.

On 8/3/2022 at 5:41 PM, Old Buckaroo said:

A cool build with intriguing story to follow. Was knocking down the wash shed from watching too many 70's and 80's trucking movies and tv shows??

The Mack looks great - so happy to see your still building trucks.

Great to hear from you Sean! Glad to see you back on the forum. You are one of the builders who inspired me even before I found this forum.

The story isn’t near as exciting as it sounds. I posted the story in the under glass section.

Thanks again to everyone who posted! This one is now “Under “Glass”.

47460BC0-A342-4DD8-B3C1-08A996BDBAA5.thumb.jpeg.b4ad22ef99799765b6d7caf7c4a3eb59.jpeg