Model Cars Magazine Forum

The world's longest Cadillac, the American Dream.

Jeffcad

Hi guys !.

It's been a long time since I posted here. I was buzy trying to do the craziest project I had ever started, the one and only, the American Dream Cadillac. Ridiculous, useless and ugly for some, amazing and cool for others, this Cadillac leaves no one indifferent. About 40 years ago she came out of Jay Ohrberg's imagination, the father of a lot of famous TV and movie cars, as well as some world's record limousines. She had different sizes, colors and configurations during all these years and she became once again the longest Cadillac in the world, according to the Guinness book of records. After rusting in a parking lot for the last decade she was brought back to life and sits now in the Dezerland Park's hall in Florida. I grew up fascinated by this Cadillac, and decided to make a model of her. So this is the Amercian Dream, in the early stages of her life, when she was the "shortest" version of herself. ( I had to think of room's storage LOL ). I used the 1976 Eldorado from JoHan as a donor. All the rest is hand made. Hope you'll like her. :)

IM8A7134.JPG

IM8A7175.JPG

IM8A7138.JPG

IM8A7137.JPG

IM8A7149.JPG

IM8A7143.JPG

IM8A7146.JPG

IM8A7150.JPG

IM8A7163.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Salut Jean-Philippe!

Well, if this is 1/25, it must be at least 3 foot long? Just curious. Impressive, bravo!

CT

Salut Claude! Merci beaucoup !!!. :) She's about 34.5 inches long. Long enough to sit in my display cabinet. LOL

9 hours ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Fantastic! That brings back a lot of childhood memories! Thanks for posting, no, thanks for BUILDING it! I love to see builds that make me smile and I can assure you that the 10-year old kid inside of me is grinning ear to ear!

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's really appreciated. :)