Model Cars Magazine Forum

The world's longest Cadillac, the American Dream.

Jeffcad

13 hours ago, David G. said:

Expert level kit-bashing and fabricating skills!

An amazing replica of a delightfully ostentatious vehicle.

I'm curious, have you contacted the owners to share it with them?

David G.

Hi David!,

Thanks for your kind words!. I didn't thought about about contacting them. Jay Ohrberg, the creator in the 80s, and the actual owner Michael Dezer could find her interesting :)

In 1990 or 91, Jay brought that car to Speedorama Custom Car Show in Toronto. My friend was the show manager and 'conned' :)  me into helping put a coat of wax on the car, a result of my selling Meguiar's Wax at the time. The car was unloaded from a flatbed truck and moved with a fork lift, driving such a long vehicle around corners was not possible. Your model brought back some fun memories as they filled the pool with water and had some ladies model in it :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Howard Cohen said:

In 1990 or 91, Jay brought that car to Speedorama Custom Car Show in Toronto. My friend was the show manager and 'conned' :)  me into helping put a coat of wax on the car, a result of my selling Meguiar's Wax at the time. The car was unloaded from a flatbed truck and moved with a fork lift, driving such a long vehicle around corners was not possible. Your model brought back some fun memories as they filled the pool with water and had some ladies model in it :) 

Hi Howard. Thank you so much for sharing that incredible story !. By chance, did you have any photo of the car from that show that you'd like to share with me?. There were not so many pictures of her from that period of time. I was a teen back then and knew only the pics from the Guinness book of records. You may find funny the fact that I have also put some coats of Meguiar's wax on my model !. ;)

Very awesome build of an iconic car. I loved seeing it the Guinness Book of World records and was fascinated with it's demise. Even more amazing that it has been "restored".

Your model is incredible and seems it would be a centerpiece for your Cadillac collection.

• Thanks 1

Wow!

There's Land Yacht and then there is this!  Killer work!  I had a 1984 Fleetwood once (was my Granddad's).  I thought it was long.  We used to joke that once you were out of the drive, you were half way to your destination.  I love what you've done here.  

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...