Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Trans Am Car 68 Pontiac Firebird

I always wondered if a Firebird with an overhead cam 6-cylinder engine would be competitive in the trans am series & the real answer would be no. I once owned a 69 bird with the high performance OHC six in it & it was pretty peppy. I decided to build a fantasy trans am 68 Firebird. I think it turned out kind of cool.

100_3247.JPG

100_3248.JPG

100_3249.JPG

100_3250.JPG

• Like 1

Great looking build. They gray under chassis and engine room was a common way of painting these and many other cars in computation. The color would make it easier to find leaks and would reflect light if they had to work on the car at night making it easier to see. The few Firebirds I remember in Trans Am racing were considered "Canadian Pontiacs" as those were sold with Chevrolet engines north of the boarder. The high performance OHC Pontiac sixes were really underappreciated compared to the 400 V-8.  You should try and build a model of your Firebird of old. 

On 7/25/2022 at 9:06 AM, espo said:

Great looking build. They gray under chassis and engine room was a common way of painting these and many other cars in computation. The color would make it easier to find leaks and would reflect light if they had to work on the car at night making it easier to see. The few Firebirds I remember in Trans Am racing were considered "Canadian Pontiacs" as those were sold with Chevrolet engines north of the boarder. The high performance OHC Pontiac sixes were really underappreciated compared to the 400 V-8.  You should try and build a model of your Firebird of old. 

Already did a few years ago. Replicas of my 67 & 69 Firebird I owned during the late 70's to the end of the 80's

100_1301.JPG

100_1304.JPG

100_0678.JPG

100_0684.JPG

5 minutes ago, mark 23 said:

Already did a few years ago. Replicas of my 67 & 69 Firebird I owned during the late 70's to the end of the 80's

100_1301.JPG

100_1304.JPG

100_0678.JPG

100_0684.JPG

Great looking builds of some really nice cars. I thought about getting a '67 Firebird 400 4 speed when they first came out. The insurance for me would have been more per month than the payment based on age and prior driving experiences.