Model Cars Magazine Forum

sticker shock

2 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

They also carry Gunze Gundam colors too. No surprise since they do carry Gundam kits.

I’ve picked up their white and used it to paint headers. Something different than regular white. 

Some of those gundam colors are good for zoid kits too 🤩

That Postal General DeJoy is a total moron. Not only he has already raised postage stamps rates, he wants to lay-off 50,000 Postal workers. A majority of them are eligible for retirement. He should offer them an incentive to retire before laying off thousands of postal workers not of retirement age. How hard is that for him to figure out? 

Nah... he’s just too stupid to use his head to figure things out to save money. His plan is the wrong way to go about it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

That Postal General DeJoy is a total moron. Not only he has already raised postage stamps rates, he wants to lay-off 50,000 Postal workers. A majority of them are eligible for retirement. He should offer them an incentive to retire before laying off thousands of postal workers not of retirement age. How hard is that for him to figure out? 

Nah... he’s just too stupid to use his head to figure things out to save money. His plan is the wrong way to go about it. 

Yeah! How is it we haven't gotten rid of this kook yet! Let's put it to a vote. Should have been removed over a year ago. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 9:58 PM, BlackSheep214 said:

Gee, maybe by laying off 50,000 postal workers we can now afford to hire those 87,000 IRS workers to pick whatever we have left in our pockets. Read into that what you will. 🔫

On 8/12/2022 at 9:39 AM, Rob Hall said:

One positive thing about the USPS--I'm not really a stamp collector, but their upcoming pony car set really appeals to me, as it includes a '67 Cougar and '69 Mustang.  (Inexplicably, no Firebird or Cuda).   Got a couple sheets on order.

https://store.usps.com/store/product/buy-stamps/pony-cars-stamps-S_482404

I’ve seen the display at my local Post office. Have been toying the idea of getting a sheet myself.

When I saw the title of the thread I didn't quite expect what I find in it , but pretty close. 

I do get the price hike for certain things. Some are reasonable and some not so much. $30 for a model kit is, let's face it, a reality that we'll have to learn to get used to. 

But certain things are just ridiculous. and don't have anythig to do with inflation and should be regulated somehow or being plain criminal. 

I went with my wife to get her cars's oil changed in the dealership. I can't really complain about the price of that service and I think the overall experience is worth it. And yes, it is an experience. At least at Mercedes Benz of Music City. Now, what followed however, left me speechless. Not an easy thing to do. 

We were looking around while waiting for the car to be done. And my wife sees a G-wagon on the floor. We both know that it is not a car we can afford at this time, but it is her dream machine. It was red, with some tasty options and carbon fiber accents in the interior. The initial shock of the $180 000 sticker was quite powerful. This was not an AMG model. Just their regular G series model with the standard drivetrain. Apparently, there are X amount of these build to this exact spec of trim and color that rendered this a "limited edition" and therefore demanded something like $60K over the price of the same vehicle in grey for example, with wood veneer instead of carbon on its dash and different design wheels. Now that is a little steep even for a Benz. Four fender flares, a trim package and set of wheels for 60 Grand! 

And this is where the REAL SHOCK hit! There was an addendum sticker next to the factory window sticker on which with bold letters was printed:

MARKET ADJUSTMENT  $120 000

I sincerely thought this was a mistake and asked a salesperson, who reaffirmed with a smirk: "Yup! We can't keep these in stock, so that's what we're asking."

That means that they are asking the price of their top of the line S class model in addition to the price of their SUV, just to sell you one! Or Think about it this way. Two brand new Corvettes ON TOP of sticker price!

Call me crazy, but this BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH on the floor of official MB dealer is just offensive!

Heh... don’t shop at Pottery Barn. Hate that store and the missus knows it. Yet, she spends $7000 on a couch and chair. Cost $200 for delivery. WTH!?!?  Now she ordered a ottoman that’s gonna cost another $1400 with shipping. Monday, she went with her two sisters back to Pottery Barn in Syracuse. Yup... you guessed it. She plopped $800 on a 5x8 rig, 2 pillow shams with pillow inserts @ $60 each, ( I told her you could have bought the same inserts cheaper elsewhere for half that price), 2 more decorative pillows for the couch at $40 each (a saving of $10 each) on clearance. Anything on clearance and if you buy it and don’t like how it matched to your furniture, you’re pretty much SOL. Meaning and clearance item is non-returnable. 

That store is expensive. Lamps start at $300 and up MINUS the shades. Never a sale and they rip you off by paying full price on everything.

Did I also mention how much I hate Pottery Barn?

• 1 month later...