Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1968 F-250

11 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

All one would need is the transfer case, front drive shaft, front leaf springs and shocks in addition to what you mention above.

I winder if the parts from the first F-150 4x4 would work on the F-250 kit?

Or, are they different parts?

7 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

I winder if the parts from the first F-150 4x4 would work on the F-250 kit?

Or, are they different parts?

They're different parts. The 150 kit has a coil sping front end, the 250 kit will have leaf springs. The axles are also very different. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mk11 said:

Guess it doesn't matter if the hub cap is mounted, but....     oof

frd250mbwh.jpeg.dbf1c7173f07f49dc3fdc87a7f5dd057.jpeg

Here's what the prototype wheel for this vintage looks like...

frd2508lgwh.jpg.d704d1172ac9b5bce1c241faa5317734.jpg

Well, the hubcap isn't going to cover up the wonky looking cooling holes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Plowboy said:

Well, the hubcap isn't going to cover up the wonky looking cooling holes. 

Good eye! A little trimming work is in order before paint. I can see these  8 lug wheels and  16" tires showing up on the AMT '72 Chevy pickup,  AMT '75-'78 Ford pickup and the MPC Dodge pickups builds in the near future!

Edited by leafsprings
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, leafsprings said:

Good eye! A little trimming work is in order before paint. I can see these  8 lug wheels and  16" tires showing up on the AMT '72 Chevy pickup,  AMT '75-'78 Ford pickup and the MPC Dodge pickups builds in the near future!

I ordered the wheels and tires from Fireball that he put in the 4x4 F-250 kit for that purpose.

IMG_5913.jpg

• Like 1

I am looking forward to his opening up again-Rookie Resin-I have had for some time, an order for 5 of the V-6's, as well as looking to get the 62 GMC grilles, etc.  Even if he only opens once a year for a span of time.  Here is hoping.  Also, perhaps someone else could take up this market area as many seek these products.

1 hour ago, AlbertS said:

I am looking forward to his opening up again-Rookie Resin-I have had for some time, an order for 5 of the V-6's, as well as looking to get the 62 GMC grilles, etc.  Even if he only opens once a year for a span of time.  Here is hoping.  Also, perhaps someone else could take up this market area as many seek these products.

Iceman Collections has a GMC grille for the 64-66 Revell trucks.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:02 AM, leafsprings said:

I can see these  8 lug wheels and  16" tires showing up on the AMT '72 Chevy pickup,  AMT '75-'78 Ford pickup and the MPC Dodge pickups builds in the near future!

Not on mine... they wouldn't fit anyways :P

They're great replicas of the newer metric pattern wheels (like Fireball's) that would be more at home on trucks from the mid-nineties up. If all you need is eight lugs, you're golden. The anything-goes school of thought at moeb is either disappointing or hilarious, depending upon your point of view. The dished look of their F100 wheel is actually patterned after a -wait for it- GM 4.75 bolt circle wheel like this...

DSCN0774.JPG.e42ae4e50432ffa11c85e518dcb57593.JPG

Edited by mk11

15 minutes ago, Jim B said:

I have to say that the discussion in this thread & the Ramp Truck thread have discouraged me from purchasing these kits.

Me too. I'm more a fan of the generation after this one. This generation seemed a little in the dark ages to me. the generation before that had zero styling. 😝

18 hours ago, mk11 said:

The anything-goes school of thought at moeb is either disappointing or hilarious, depending upon your point of view. The dished look of their F100 wheel is actually patterned after a -wait for it- GM 4.75 bolt circle wheel like this...

DSCN0774.JPG.e42ae4e50432ffa11c85e518dcb57593.JPG

No kidding! I get a chuckle out of the "accurate body styling" moniker on the box. I bought the '71 years ago and can honestly say that I've never seen a modern model with so many inaccuracies! Literally from the inaccurate wheels to the flat roof! It sure didn't help that they cribbed the frame, made an exact copy of the engine and exhaust from the AMT F-350. 

• 2 weeks later...

The F250 came both ways, 2wd and 4x4. The current '68 pickup offering is meant to replicate a 2wd 3/4 ton. There is a 4x4 F250 coming down the pike sometime; hopefully they've done their homework on the suspension.

67724x4250a.jpg.00830c66afda0afe3d4953e8c427558c.jpg

Edited by mk11

If only it had a '68 grill, and the other half of the transfer case, could then make a 4X4 out of it (or put the parts under a different truck).

I know, I know, there are 2 more coming that are 4X4. Just thought it odd that there was only 1/2 of the transfer case, but the entire front differential. I mean extra parts are cool and all.

On 7/30/2022 at 6:38 AM, 1972coronet said:

What makes the '1968' grille such an inaccurate piece and a disappointment?

The basic 68/69 grills would be identical in scale, except for distribution of black paint accents. The phoned-in design of these grills by moeb has the headlight door area approximately double the size of the 1:1. In addition to this, all the moeb 67-72 grills are at least 1mm too tall. Betcha Mr Burkett was very impressed when he saw what moeb was sticking him with for the initial '69 release.

Edited by mk11
  • Thanks 1