Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1968 F-250

• 2 weeks later...

I   piced   up  one  on the    13 th  of  this month   in  Roanok  Va   and  just opened it went  through it  an   didnt  notice  any   warped  parts     but one pice  has me  confused .  in between the  parts  bags  was a  piece    not   shown on the instructions     it  is  metal and looks like a  conduit   bender  electricians  use

Just now, Madd Trucker said:

I   piced   up  one  on the    13 th  of  this month   in  Roanok  Va   and  just opened it went  through it  an   didnt  notice  any   warped  parts     but one pice  has me  confused .  in between the  parts  bags  was a  piece    not   shown on the instructions     it  is  metal and looks like a  conduit   bender  electricians  use did   any  one else have  this piece

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Call me when they do a '73 F-250.

73 f-250.jpg

That truck is (somewhat) available right now.

Take the current Firestones pickup and use the cab. Get the grille conversion from Texas 3D Customs. Use a Fireball Modelworks 4x4 conversion kit. Grab the correct bed from Morgan Auto Detail and you have that truck. Granted you will have over $100 in parts and kit, but unless and until someone kits that series of Fords, that is your option.

2 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

That truck is (somewhat) available right now.

Take the current Firestones pickup and use the cab. Get the grille conversion from Texas 3D Customs. Use a Fireball Modelworks 4x4 conversion kit. Grab the correct bed from Morgan Auto Detail and you have that truck. Granted you will have over $100 in parts and kit, but unless and until someone kits that series of Fords, that is your option.

Thats exactly what I have Mike, only without the $50 plus Fireball kit. For that I'm using the Revell GM running gear. I have a stack of them for future 4x4 projects.

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Is the hood warped, or is it just as poorly assembled as the rest of it? Not trying to slag on it, but there isn't a single part of that whole body that's on a level plane with anything else.

I realize the guys build quality isn't so great but his videos are good for checking out kits before I buy them and he has good background music.  Am I the only one who thinks he is deliberately trolling the "rivet counters" with his videos? To answer your question, yeah I think the hood is warped.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldscool said:

I realize the guys build quality isn't so great but his videos are good for checking out kits before I buy them 

Thats exactly why I watch him. I have absolutely got to see what I'm getting in the kit before I buy it. Sometimes, I will buy the kit just for the extras they come with.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Thats exactly why I watch him. I have absolutely got to see what I'm getting in the kit before I buy it. Sometimes, I will buy the kit just for the extras they come with.

Yep, Mike, me too.

And yes, Chris seems to be very well aware of what is said about him, both here, and at the "other" forum. And, yes, he appears both not to care what is said, and to be 'trolling' folks, at least mildly. After all, he is building 104 kits a year, provided to him as freebies. What are you doing....?

10 hours ago, oldscool said:

I realize the guys build quality isn't so great but his videos are good for checking out kits before I buy them and he has good background music.  Am I the only one who thinks he is deliberately trolling the "rivet counters" with his videos? To answer your question, yeah I think the hood is warped.

I don't think it's necessarily rivet counting to assemble a kit in a way that the cab and bed are on a single plane of existence. Because "trolling" or whatever you want to call it people he doesn't get along with also poorly serves Moebius and Model Roundup by showing that kit as a poorly aligned mess. If that's what I can expect out of the box - and mind you I own the Moebius trucks and know of the issues, but I'm not the target audience - I wouldn't be "wasting" nearly $40 on it. Especially if I also was aware of the fiasco of the Ramp Truck (which in full disclosure I also have, but I managed to get a relatively straight one)

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 10:48 PM, niteowl7710 said:

I don't think it's necessarily rivet counting to assemble a kit in a way that the cab and bed are on a single plane of existence. Because "trolling" or whatever you want to call it people he doesn't get along with also poorly serves Moebius and Model Roundup by showing that kit as a poorly aligned mess. If that's what I can expect out of the box - and mind you I own the Moebius trucks and know of the issues, but I'm not the target audience - I wouldn't be "wasting" nearly $40 on it. Especially if I also was aware of the fiasco of the Ramp Truck (which in full disclosure I also have, but I managed to get a relatively straight one)

I was using rivet counters in a metaphorical sense which is why I put it in quotes.