Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Ramp Truck...

1 hour ago, larman said:

Well, it looks great! It sounds like you had problems building it by your comments?

Thanks. Yea the cab, hood, and all of the ramp bed parts were very warped. I had to use a lot of super glue and clamps to get it to fit correctly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chadrob30 said:

Thanks. Yea the cab, hood, and all of the ramp bed parts were very warped. I had to use a lot of super glue and clamps to get it to fit correctly.

Yeah, I saw that HPI Guy had similar issues in his build video, supposedly they are correcting the problems for the second run. Anyway, yours looks very good despite your trouble!

• Thanks 1

That looks pretty darn good to me.  I just bought the Ramptruck.  I checked out the hood and it seems to fit fine.  Wont know about the rest until I build it.  It all looks nice and flat.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Considering the problems you encountered, this is one fine looking build.  Really like the decals, I presume you made them yourself.

Actually the decals came from the goofy MPC 72 Chevy ramp truck with the dual tandem axles...

Good look hauler, Chad. The Fairlane looks perfect on the back. All round a great looking team. Sorry to hear of the problems with warped parts. That seems to be par for this kit. I've got this kit on my want-list, and I hope they sort the issue before I get one. Apparently hood and cab warpage is a problem with all of the Ford pick-up kits. Nonetheless, you did a great job on this one.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2022 at 1:22 PM, happy grumpy said:

Turned out really nice despite the issues . Surprising from Moebius to issue defective product. Hopefully they going to correct it for future release. Personally I am waiting for the f 250 to come out .

It does look good.

I reached out to Moebius and they are sending replacement parts for those that were warped in my kit.  I've heard others say that they, too, are due to receive replacement parts.  I think they're trying to make things right. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

It does look good.

I reached out to Moebius and they are sending replacement parts for those that were warped in my kit.  I've heard others say that they, too, are due to receive replacement parts.  I think they're trying to make things right. 

welcome to China

• Like 1

I’m wanting that Ford Ramp Truck and modify it to be able to haul two cars, maybe both of them on the truck or one on a trailer, not sure. I’m going to be putting on a ‘69 grille on mine and paint it to match a pair of Revell ‘69 Shelby GT500’s that I have.

13 hours ago, Jonathan said:

It does look good.

Jonathan, do you have the contact info you used that you could share with the rest of us with this kit?  Thanks.