Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project 1/16th AA/FA AND HERE IT IS!

On 9/20/2022 at 1:30 PM, Adhsdad said:

Man Ian, this thing is coming along fantastically!! Looking at your pics, you easily forget that your chassis came from the old Revell flopper kits. Since you mentioned potential colors, I'm really looking forward to seeing you lay down some paint. Salute sir, Salute!!

Erroll

Thanks for the kind words Erroll.  Paint isn't that far away now.

5 hours ago, sflam123 said:

Amazing fabrication skills and detail level on this!!  Beautiful work sir!!

Thank you Stephen! This started out as just a styling exercise that kind of got away from me. Oh well I'm still having fun and the next one will be less ambitions (I hope.  LOL)

• Haha 1

I had some catching up to do Ian.  You've made great progress on it too...........sadly I'm not a facebook member and when I clicked on the latest links you posted I couldn't open them.  Looking forward to you next post and on the colors / paint you're going to do as well.  cheers, tim

I was also informed that my attempt to transfer files from facebook resulted in some people not being able to open them.  I'm reposting the files I think were affected and won't do that again (sorry Tim).  Aluminum panels now attached and correctly positioned.  Plus a little bling on the rad/fuel tank

IMG_0024 (3) - Copy.JPG

IMG_0026 (2).JPG

IMG_0027 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_0031 (2).JPG

IMG_0032 (1).JPG

IMG_0033 (2).JPG

IMG_0049 (3).JPG

IMG_0050 (3).JPG

IMG_0051 (3).JPG

• Ian McLaren changed the title to Project 1/16th AA/FA Adding some bling, drive line details
On 9/29/2022 at 3:28 PM, GoatGuy said:

Ian, I'm loving the updates. The magneto, wheelie bars, headers, etc. All look great! What did you use to make the wheelie bars net?

Dave

Dave, thank you for the kind words.  For the net I used the paper Pro Tech supplies with his seat belt seat sets. He also sells it seperately.  I just cut it into strips colored it with a felt marker and applied it with thinned contact cement.

On 9/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, Codi said:

I had some catching up to do Ian.  You've made great progress on it too...........sadly I'm not a facebook member and when I clicked on the latest links you posted I couldn't open them.  Looking forward to you next post and on the colors / paint you're going to do as well.  cheers, tim

Thanks Tim for the heads up on the Facebook deal I reposted the bulk of the photos. Finally starting to see some of the parts coming together. Progress.

• Ian McLaren changed the title to Project 1/16th AA/FA Adding some engine detailing
14 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Fantastic work Ian, you are having fun and it shows, all the parts you have made so far are very well designed and assembled, your updates keep me well motivated for my next subject. 😊

Great to see you back Francis. Thank you for the kind words.  Glad to hear that there is a next subject in the offing, you have been missed!

On 10/8/2022 at 2:16 AM, Straightliner59 said:

The engine looks excellent! I like the anodized blue hat. Nice work, Ian!

Thanks Danial, I like this one too, but it really does not go with the intended color scheme.  It is actually for another build with a very distinct color scheme, think 7up.

• Like 1

• Ian McLaren changed the title to Project 1/16th AA/FA AND HERE IT IS!